Jagwire elite road link v.s AICAN-Bungarus

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

in8402048

by in8402048

Hi all ,

I am considering about my new bike's lightweight cable housing.

Any comment between Jagwire elite road link v.s AICAN-Bungarus?

Does anyone have idea about which one is lighter?

I notice that fair wheel bike has information about aican which is about 18g per meter.

But I can not find actual weight about jagwire elite

Please help , thanks in advance!
Last edited by in8402048 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

The Jagwire look very very similar to the PowerCordz housing. They use a stiff tube to hold in place the aluminum links. The links do not actually interconnect. My challenge with the PowerCordz Swift housing was that running it through internally routed bars, for example, I couldn't get the links to be fully compressed successfully.

Regarding Aican, I hated those. One large twist of the bars and the plastic connecting bits would break and then it would kink under load.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

I seem to recall FWB reckoned Bungarus was lighter but I total agree with the above, although the first installation wasn't too hard, I found the Bungarus then became a nightmare if you took the tension off again, and any kinks etc, would chip them. Not worth the extra weight saving IMMHO

Krackor

by Krackor

I've been using the Jagwire links on two bikes for 1-2 years. The only issue I've had with it is wear on the inner liner where the FD cable runs under the bottom bracket. Otherwise it's been great.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I have been using the Aican-Bunarus cables on my Colnago C59 for at least 2000 miles. I have had no issues thus far. My only concern is that the housing does make tight or even mildly tight turns very well. If you are not careful you can brake the outer links and have to take the cable set apart to replace the broken link.

in8402048

by in8402048

Thanks for all valuable comment , :P

And anyone got experience with Alligator I-link? comparing to jagwire elite?

Btw , I would like to share some of my stuff 's weight. I just received them from FWB yesterday. :D

In case I think it may be a good reference for someone who is building a lightweight bike like me.

mcfk 3k carbon seatpost 250mm 27.2 98g
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15mmzwCyVOkeW0aQqW9HVW7TwY8wVjeT7hg

extralite hyperstem 11cm 6o 82g
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k3LAATE_FGHPK3Jly52Sxm1LbzAdBxOaGw

FRM blackhole saddle 56g
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bUs23VYfoiKucIgs4yJf9Tx7XbCGIKG6vw

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I have both Aican Bungarus and Jagwire Elite. I would seriously go for Jagwire. I would skip the gram chasing, it's just in our heads.
Jagwire is as good as it gets.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

kramnnim

by kramnnim

The I-Links snap together, which seems like a good thing. They creak if you don't keep them lubed, though.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Jagwire links might not be the lightest but they are foolproof, easy to install, durable.

Krackor

by Krackor

The Jagwire also tends to creak if unlubed. I put a fraction of a drop of Phil's Tenacious between each link and it stays quiet for 6 months or more.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Been using Aican Bungarus since product inception in 2011 on 4 WW bikes (shift and brakes). Zero issues and I like the small outer diameter of the housing.

nickf

by nickf

Jag cables are going strong so far. Super easy to set up and the finish is durable.

torob

by torob

Jagwire cables have been great for me as well. They'll last forever... so nice knowing you can recable and keep them... they do creak though. need lube sometime.
Using Tapatalk

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Your best source for accurate weights is http://fairwheelbikes.com/drivetrain/?s ... ory_page=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

liketoride

by liketoride

I have bungarus and agree that one you take out tension on the cable these are no longer great. I am also looking just for the brake side. Does someone know if the Jagwire Elite road link or alligator I-links are lighter?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com