MET helmets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shogunade

by Shogunade

Anyone try them?
Specifically the Rivale.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimborello

by jimborello

Yes, they run a little small but they are fine. The Rivale is aesthetically and price wise a better option over the manta, so dont bother with the manta

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Stick to Specialized, if that's what you use. Don't venture out of your comfort zone.

mentok

by mentok

replaced a spesh (s3) with a rivale. fit was similar (Large in both brands). both are similarly comfortable. really can't fault the MET at all.

addict

by addict

Met Stradivarius: very bad combo with my oakley radars, can't replace with one hand.. Sweet flows exactly into eyes, not temples as advertised :evil: Very good fit (personal), aesthetically attractive :)

duvivr6

by duvivr6

I rode a MET Synthesis for around year ish. Awesome helmet was a tad on the heavy side, but fit was perfect for my head. (crashed it late 2015)
Replaced it with the Rivale, it has the same awesome fit and much lighter and cheaper.

yongkun

by yongkun

Anyone knows if the decal for the rivale can be removed, was thinking of a all black one; have to remove the red decal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VTBike

by VTBike

Valbrona wrote:Stick to Specialized, if that's what you use. Don't venture out of your comfort zone.

Well that's a recipe for mediocrity if i've ever heard of one... not trying to offend, just saying..

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

velobob

by velobob

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has tried to remove the red stickers off the matte black Rivale helmet. I think it'd look better all black.

Mep

by Mep

If I had to choose I'd probably go with the Manta over the Rivale (more aero, lighter, decent cooling). Just curious why folks are going with Rivale?

esta

by esta

I've been using the Rivale for a couple of month now and I'm really happy with the purchase, light, comfortable, good cooling. I chose the Rivale over the Manta because its alot cheaper.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

I tried rivale, fit is way too round. I assume manta is exact fit of rivale?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com