Carbon ti rings versus praxis rings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Any one use both? I have praxis rings on my bikes just curious how the carbon ti rings compare to the praxis.

KCookie

by KCookie

Great question,looking forward to an answer. I have praxis to and wanted to change to Carbon Ti, but over what I wanted to spend atm, so just ordered Fibre Lyte, as half the price, not as robust obviously but very light. Will get Carbon TI eventually if good reports come through.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2old4this

by 2old4this

I have both (carbon-ti, carbon versions, both 10 and 11 speed). Carbon-ti shifts OK (11 speed is a big improvement over 10 speed version. I had to file the small metal inserts on the 10 speed to get rid of rubbing noise.) They are just OK, not as precise as praxis, which comes at the third spot, after DuraAce and Cannondale's spidering IMO. Given DA and SR are proprietary, Praxis wins.

Fiberlyte is light alright. However, it didn't last as long as other chainrings I have used, and quite frankly I didn't dare to shift the front under power.

coppercook62

by coppercook62

thanks

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Among all the aftermarket manufacturers Praxis shifts the best! Almost as good as Shimano and Campagnolo. I have a set of Praxis 52/36 rings with more than 2500 miles and they shift as good as new.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

I've used both plenty of times and the Praxis work better but the Carbon-ti work quite well (much better than we had expected). A lot of it comes down to the group your using, the Carbon-ti work nearly perfect on a Di2 bike and not as well on a Sram bike. Definitely the best 100 gram set of rings we've used.

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Wow thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Great to hear positive reviews about the Carbon Ti, will see how the Fibre Lyte preform, then they might be my next purchase. !!!