BH G6 di2 install

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gazrichards

by gazrichards

Hi all
I am considering buying a BH g6 (not the pro version)
It has a mechanical group set on it now but I want to fit a di2 group set.
Does anything need altering on the frame to do this? I.e. Cable stops, grommets etc changing?
I've searched online but found little info and I can't search the forum as BH can't be used as a search term as its too short!
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

You'll need new set of grommets, that's all. If you buy frameset it should come within. With stress on word "should". I know BH dealers for whom "should" means "forget it" :( .
If you're buying bike already assembled, the it can and has to be ordered separately. Don't bother to contact BH, even on FB ; they don't waist time for customer support ;) . Just email/call local dealer. Less frustrating.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

What stormur said. Even as a dealer, getting in touch with them was a challenge at times, and when you did contact them you had to keep your fingers crossed the correct item was shipped.

You will only need to change the cable routing "chips" and some of the corresponding shimano Di2 rubber grommets. Once you have the cable port chips its as simple and straight forward as any other internal Di2 install.

gazrichards

by gazrichards

Hmm
I have no other grommets other than the mechanical ones. And as far as I know there is no uk distributor anymore and no shops stocking BH (hopefully someone will point me to one)
Any stores in Europe or further afield that have them in stock I could order from? Or any ways around it?

stormur

by stormur

Stockovelo in France and Fabregues Bicicletas in Catalunya.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)