srm pc7 unable to download ride data

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sungod

by sungod

last week i couldn't download the data from my pc7 - tried srmwin, srmmac, golden cheetah, none would do it

srm software showed the ride was there, but after the initial 'scan', when i tried to get the data it went straight to the final window with the option to delete the data on the pc7

golden cheetah gave multiple messages about invalid timestamps, and would not get the data either

the pc7 itself showed averages, totals etc. ok, the date/time display was correct

i gave up and deleted the data, then did a short test to see if i could now download, which went ok

in 5-6 years i've not had this happen, wondering if it's a one-off or a sign that the pc7 has a problem

has anyone else had a similar issue? was it just once or did it get worse? are there any 'secret' button sequences to run diagnostics etc.?

Kraaf

by Kraaf

Don't own a PC7, but I do know that issues like yours are very rare. I'd contact SRM, my experience with their tech support is very good.
I love you guys. Seriously.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Yeah that's unusual - worth a send back. I have only ever had issues pulling data off mine when I leave 2+ weeks of rides on it and have to use the SRM software versus Device Agent. At the very least make sure your version of the SRM software is up to date. Good luck.
Just ride ..

Geoff

by Geoff

What computer?

sungod

by sungod

Geoff wrote:What computer?

i tried from both osx and windows - all pc7/mac/pc up to date

sounds like it's best to try srm

it's weekend now, i'll have the chance for a couple of long rides and see how it is