Fizik Cyrano R1 seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I'm thinking of fitting the Cyrano R1 carbon seatpost to my Supersix to match the Fizik stem. Anyone running one of these? How has your experience been?
I've heard they always come out far heavier than claimed and have just been informed of a few issues with the post cracking!!

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

I'm riding one on my Scapin Anouk (review here) unless it's in weight weenie mode. I'm fond of the Fizik posts because they are sturdy, comfortable and easy to adjust with the dial. It's great that you don't need any adapters to run regular or carbon railed saddles. They are not the lightest posts on the market because of the hardware and design of the clamping system and adjustment dial but it's ease of use makes up for it IMHO. The post also looks damn nice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Thanks a lot. I came across the pics of your bike while Google searching info on this post, it's a beautiful ride!!!

Killy

by Killy

Just be aware that the 4mm bolt used is very soft, check wiggle reviews.

russianbear

by russianbear

Mine came in 50 grams overweight, but I bought the 400mm version so I assume the weighed the 250 in 27.2 if I had to guess. I really like mine, looks slick, the tilt adjust is pretty nice, matches the rest of the fizik cockpit.

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

burglarboycie wrote:Thanks a lot. I came across the pics of your bike while Google searching info on this post, it's a beautiful ride!!!

Thanks. It's fun to ride. Hopefully the fact that you found the images and write up means the content I'm creating is helping people. If you go with the Fizik post I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

stormur

by stormur

mine 27.2 350mm was 260g :( Finish is identical to ...Cannondale C2 or FS SLK gloss "UD". Opinion: comfy, zero issues, quiet long clamp, so limited saddle adjustment, but better than some 3T posts.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Thanks guys. The more I read the more I'm thinking I may avoid it! My bike is not a hi-mod so it's never going to be a proper weenie but I would like to lose weight as well as making it look pretty. If I went with a Hylix Carbon post and carbon saddle I would likely save a couple of hundred grams over my stock C2 post and Arione CX combo.

verbs4us

by verbs4us

The 4 mm bolt is crap. Various sockets did not fit snuggly and I eventually stripped the socket (not the threads). Replaced with a higher quality bolt and it's now fine. Not a big fan of the micro-wheel adjustment. It's good in principle but hard to use in practice. Difficult to return to a pre-figured position. I eventually resorted to counting quarter turns with the torque wrench.

superdx

by superdx

Angle adjustment is a pain but after a couple tries you get used to it. Very comfortable seat post in comparison to Cannondale stock parts. If you're using it with a carbon rail saddle, I've had to tighten mine way beyond the 7Nm spec to stop the saddle from creaking, and also the angle of the saddle kept tilting up (slooooowly over 5 weeks) that it ended up 5 degrees POSITIVE. My nuts were not happy to say the least. Tightening beyond 7Nm was after I greased the bolt so that it wouldn't snap, but maybe it's because I've had it for over 3 years?

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

verbs4us wrote:The 4 mm bolt is crap. Various sockets did not fit snuggly and I eventually stripped the socket (not the threads). Replaced with a higher quality bolt and it's now fine. Not a big fan of the micro-wheel adjustment. It's good in principle but hard to use in practice. Difficult to return to a pre-figured position. I eventually resorted to counting quarter turns with the torque wrench.

If you use a saddle with a cutout, you can usually access the front bolt from the top where there is a 4mm socket head. Makes it a lot easier to get that bolt tight.

And I'll second the notion of the soft rear bolt. Replace it with something better and you'll be all set.

nohands

by nohands

Does anyone have the specs for the rear bolt? I rounded mine off yesterday. Fizik sells them but they're asking $25 - lol.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

nohands wrote:Does anyone have the specs for the rear bolt? I rounded mine off yesterday. Fizik sells them but they're asking $25 - lol.

If my memory serves, it's an M5 bolt with a length of about 30mm. I always replaced the rear bolts in the Cyrano posts I had as the stock bolts were so soft and they soon got rounded out. A good socket head machine screw will set you right and last a lot longer.

nohands

by nohands

Thanks Ghisallo!

Update: For completeness, the bolt is an M6 x 1.0, 30mm length should suffice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Running into this too. The problem with the bolt isn't the 'hardness'. The "allen" is made poorly. I think it is machined rather than stamped or cast. It has a slight torx like pattern too it, making it not fit any tool and then it gets chewed up.