Bald heads and helmets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm far from bald, in fact I'm finally old enough that my receding hairline now allows some forehead to be seen between my unibrow and my hairline. But I've used both the Giro Synthe and the Giro Synthe MIPS. Giro's shape fits me perfectly, and I suppose the MIPS thing (a floating plastic shield along with the floating harness) would be far less of a groove creator in male pattern baldness. I didn't even know what the MIPS thing was before getting the new one after breaking the rear tab on my Synthe. Either works for me but I could see the non-MIPS one might allow for a little more air to actually hit the head. I think if you're getting a grooved head you should check them out, however. Helmets are a little bit like saddles in that you have to find the brand that fits you best.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Bogan

by Bogan

If you are like, bald and a big head, finding the perfect helmet is not an option. Finding a helmet that fits ok is an achievement. No Giros, POCs Kasks etc. fit. I am using a Scott Vanish currently. Because of this I use durags or Castelli bandannas most of the year and Assos skullys in winter. This makes the helmets wearable.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com