Movistar rider injured by disc brake in Paris-Roubaix

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fogman

by fogman

It appears that Ventoso has reluctantly changed his view about disc brakes.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/10/ ... kes_423554

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

ergott

by ergott

fogman wrote:It appears that Ventoso has reluctantly changed his view about disc brakes.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/10/ ... kes_423554

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth pointing this out once again.

Some doubted that a disc cut Ventoso. Only teams Direct Energie and Lampre – Merida used then in the Paris-Roubaix, but both teams told VeloNews that none of their riders crashed in the same sector with Ventoso.
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/10/ ... xrVWMA1.99

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

spartan wrote:no one is forcing you to buy the disc brake version. the delay in introduction of disc brakes to the pro ranks is to 'help' struggling campy time to come out with disc brakes.

...yeah and did you know they never actually put a man on the moon?

jeffy

by jeffy

corky wrote:
spartan wrote:no one is forcing you to buy the disc brake version. the delay in introduction of disc brakes to the pro ranks is to 'help' struggling campy time to come out with disc brakes.

...yeah and did you know they never actually put a man on the moon?

I am pretty sure that Campagnolo has put a man on the moon, if you look on youtube there is footage from the super recording.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

They actually put some satellites in space.

What I don't get is why UCI should try to "benefit" them when they don't sponsor anything UCI.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

GambadiLegno

by GambadiLegno

I've seen this post now. Although I know it's from months ago I'd like to say that I know Ventoso's exgirlfriend and her family. He told them that IT WAS a disc brake.

Chainrings must be there if we want our bikes to move....they're needed. Disc brakes not.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

GambadiLegno wrote:I've seen this post now. Although I know it's from months ago I'd like to say that I know Ventoso's exgirlfriend and her family. He told them that IT WAS a disc brake.

Chainrings must be there if we want our bikes to move....they're needed. Disc brakes not.

And Ventoso was wrong. Full stop.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

GambadiLegno

by GambadiLegno

I don't know if he was wrong. But I can't see why he has to lie talking about it with very close people in a family house...

CBJ

by CBJ

yes, nobody has lie to close family members before ;)

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

I guess that's why she's the exgirlfriend, she didn't buy the disc brake version and got offended he insisted on it lol

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Hasn't everyone seen the videos of the crash yet? There is no one from the two disc-equipped teams near him when he goes down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Balrog

by Balrog

mimason wrote:This thread just decreased my balls size. Hard to read and see the pics without remembering when I have wrecked. Nothing I would want to wish on anyone, DB, thread troller or not.

All the crap about discs not adding to the potential for injury is BS. With discs we are adding two potentially harmful surfaces to the bike in addition to what already puts us in harms way. Hurray, and I'm so excited about riders next to me with disc brakes that I can't control myself.

Everyone wants an edge. Better aerodynamics via body modification started long before Lance came up with it. They'll pick up on shrinkage and learn to do it without surgery - soon it will have to be given it's own classification. Then people won't have to use cover stories such as cancer! The IOC will have fits.

ergott

by ergott

Balrog wrote:
mimason wrote:This thread just decreased my balls size. Hard to read and see the pics without remembering when I have wrecked. Nothing I would want to wish on anyone, DB, thread troller or not.

All the crap about discs not adding to the potential for injury is BS. With discs we are adding two potentially harmful surfaces to the bike in addition to what already puts us in harms way. Hurray, and I'm so excited about riders next to me with disc brakes that I can't control myself.

Everyone wants an edge. Better aerodynamics via body modification started long before Lance came up with it. They'll pick up on shrinkage and learn to do it without surgery - soon it will have to be given it's own classification. Then people won't have to use cover stories such as cancer! The IOC will have fits.

I just wanted to quote this reply before for prosperity!

:lol: