Alternatives to Garmin Connect

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NYCPrynne

by NYCPrynne

I never really loved Garmin Connect, but they keep making it more and more dysfunctional, taking away basic things that one might want such as a summary page of activities for customizable time periods (No longer can look at "analyze reports" and see a summary of distance, altitude gained with climbing, average distance, average elevation, etc). Does anyone have good, preferably free, alternatives they use that are not public (do not want my bikes stolen).

Thanks.

Tooslow

by Tooslow

Strava (all settings to private)
Training Peaks
Golden Cheetah

I believe you can export your data from Golden Cheetah as a .CSV file (excel)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dez33

by Dez33

ridewithgps.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

NYCPrynne wrote:I never really loved Garmin Connect, but they keep making it more and more dysfunctional, taking away basic things that one might want such as a summary page of activities for customizable time periods (No longer can look at "analyze reports" and see a summary of distance, altitude gained with climbing, average distance, average elevation, etc). Does anyone have good, preferably free, alternatives they use that are not public (do not want my bikes stolen).

Thanks.

Have you looked into rolling back to legacy mode? Simply delete word "modern" from a link of your activity. You can update privacy on your account. My Garmin connect, Strava and ridewithgps are all set to private.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

flashpunk

by flashpunk

Check out tapiriik.com - allows you to sync your data across a few services.
What I do is sync with garmin connect and use tapitriik to sync across services.

timjerome

by timjerome

I've been finding it tough as well. Bluetooth sync has never worked for me so I usually sync my 510 with the Garmin connect website, from there they automatically transfer to Strava. I haven't used it in a few months so I'm not sure if there's a better way to do it now. And ya there are privacy settings in Strava.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com