Sram Force brake caliper pivot bolt

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Arenaaof6

by Arenaaof6

Hi there. Dont you guys know if Sram use different pivot bolts in front brake calipers? I bought a new set however front does not fit into fork due to short pivot bolt.. Any idea how to fix? Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

What is short? And do you mean the fastening bolt? There are different length cylindrical nuts made to reach the bolt through different depth fork crowns. You just go down the the LBS to get the one you need. Are we talking about the same thing?
Robert

Arenaaof6

by Arenaaof6

Its actually not the nut. Well, it should not be as per my mechanic.. He is saying it is the bolt (I guess you mean the same with fastening bolt, right? Ive been told shimano does different lenghts but does Sram do them as well? Thanks.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

The front brake threaded part is longer than the rear brake threaded part. You have a rear brake.

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

kkibbler wrote:The front brake threaded part is longer than the rear brake threaded part. You have a rear brake.

Possibly, but considering the different thicknesses of fork crowns it is quite possible he has the right brake but the wrong nut. There wasn't a photo, was there? If the bolt looks almost long enough to pass through the rear brake bridge, kkibbler could be right. If it is a little longer than that, it is probably a front that just needs a longer nut.
Robert

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Psyclebaz

by Psyclebaz

Anyone know whether you can replace a rear pivot bolt with a front one?