Not impressed with BBInfinite BB86 bottom bracket

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

Have to admit that while my initial experience with the installation was less than satisfying, the company's after sale support gets highest marks for their efforts trying to help resolve the issues.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Where are we with this? Any resolution? Is your frame OK?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

ive installed three BB Infinite BBs with nary a problem. check user requirements??

ms6073

by ms6073

Mr.Gib wrote:Any resolution? Is your frame OK?

Damage was negligable and BBInfinite sent me a replacement, which I was able to install by placing a drift from a bearing press into the drive side to act as a guide and center the BBInfinite assembly as I carefully pressed it the rest of the way into the drive side.
Last edited by ms6073 on Sun May 01, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ms6073

by ms6073

IDENTITAIRE wrote:ive installed three BB Infinite BBs with nary a problem. check user requirements??

Super. Where those BB86 frames with all-carbon bottom bracket shells?
- Michael

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

ms6073 wrote:
IDENTITAIRE wrote:ive installed three BB Infinite BBs with nary a problem. check user requirements??

Super. Where those BB86 frames with all-carbon bottom bracket shells?

they were bb386 ya (ETA: uninterrupted, clean bb "tube" [yay BH Bikes!]). OPs pics with the interrupted/hollow BB shell..i mean...thats just common sense not to try to jam somethign in there. no direct experience with such a design, but that's my take.

no offense intended. very sorry about the frame.