Is it okay to wear Retro or out of date Pro Kit?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

kgt wrote:Rule 2: Try to look good in it.

So not like this?

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

AJS914

by AJS914

If you look like that you should put on the team kit and ride a whole lot more!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nd2rc

by nd2rc

LOL! That's dang funny right there. KGT put it best tho.

Rick

by Rick

@ms6073: My attorney will be contacting you shortly about the use of my image without express written permission.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

That poor guy has had that image floating around the internet for years. Who'd a thunk he'd need an extra long jersey.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ms6073

by ms6073

Rick wrote:@ms6073: My attorney will be contacting you shortly about the use of my image without express written permission.

Oops, sorry. What about this image?

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

perwjensen

by perwjensen

If you like it, wear it.

danbjpa

by danbjpa

I like vintage jerseys with doped history, i feel faster when i'm wearing. [emoji1]

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Refer to Rule #17 http://www.velominati.com/the-rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

jeffy

by jeffy

alternatively, understand satire.

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

Outside of a pro race, ALL cyclists in full kit look like dorks. All of us.

Let's face it, if guys playing tag football were PRACTICING in the park in full Denver Broncos gear, they'd look like dorks.

If dozens of motorists rode to work in cars covered in full F1 or Nascar paint jobs, they'd look like dorks.

That is what we look like on a club ride. Whether our kit is "pro", or our club, or something we buy from a catalog. Heck, the only sports clothes that are more dorky than cycling is men's wrestling tights. And those guys are smart enough to keep their look off the streets. ;)

So embrace it and do as you feel. If riding a colorful jersey (while paying to display sponsor logos) makes you happy, roll on, my brother. And when I see you on the street, I'll give you a wave and shout "Lookin' good!".

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

BikeAnon wrote:Outside of a pro race, ALL cyclists in full kit look like dorks. All of us.

Let's face it, if guys playing tag football were PRACTICING in the park in full Denver Broncos gear, they'd look like dorks.

If dozens of motorists rode to work in cars covered in full F1 or Nascar paint jobs, they'd look like dorks.

That is what we look like on a club ride. Whether our kit is "pro", or our club, or something we buy from a catalog. Heck, the only sports clothes that are more dorky than cycling is men's wrestling tights. And those guys are smart enough to keep their look off the streets. ;)

So embrace it and do as you feel. If riding a colorful jersey (while paying to display sponsor logos) makes you happy, roll with it.

No doubt! They think we are dorks because they are not one of us! Majority of population doesn't realize that racing bikes is an extreme sport which require ridiculous endurance. Every time I get into conversation about other sports with friends and family I stand my ground. Football, soccer, basketball, you name it, athletes run for ~ 90 and they are done! Cyclists race for 21 days straight, 6 hours/day.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

jeffy

by jeffy

ALL cyclists in full kit look like dorks.

Amen. Even for the aesthete Rapha wearer, non cyclist passers by will think "dork".

THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND US!

srshaw

by srshaw

I love some of the older 80s team kit, especially the la vie Claire kit, I think it would look better riding a classic steel framed bike though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com