Is it okay to wear Retro or out of date Pro Kit?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

Mr.Gib wrote:I don't much care one way or the other but let the story below be your guide.

Out on a recovery ride a couple of years ago with my wife and another fellow in full Garmin team kit. Join up with another local rider also in Garmin team kit but this guy happened to be an actual member of Team Garmin and a grand tour winner. The non-Garmin fellow suddenly decided he would take a different route. An oddly embarrassing situation.

Ryder Hesjedal?

L3X

by L3X

moonoi wrote:
L3X wrote:I think people should wear whatever they want to wear...

However, I do appreciate people who match their kit, especially when also matching to their gear. I.e. having a brand logo on your jersey but not having the matching gear on your bike is a bit of a turnoff.

So you mean I shouldn't wear my Giant Rabobank kit whilst riding my Trek Emonda SL?

To be honest if you have matching kit, it doesn't really matter if you have the gear on your bike or not. In my case I really do have the Rabobank kit, but in my defense my previous bike was a 2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL Rabobank edition. Still wear the kit on my P2 or Emonda as it's comfy, hasn't worn out and I spent good money on it so should be used.

Indeed I'm not too big a fan of a Giant Rabo kit on a Trek Emonda bike... but then again its no big deal either :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vieuxchnoque

by Vieuxchnoque

I like to ride old steel, and I ride either club colours or vintage looking shirts especially if they look pleasing, e.g. Gios with Brooklyn Chewing Gum, Gazelle Champion Mondial with Daf Gazelle shirt.
But I won't touch shirts of current teams( probably because I prefer old fashioned looking steel or titanium to carbon frames). So the answer is definitely yes.

TonyM

by TonyM

Wear what you like - not what the other people says you should wear.