trek madone 9.9 vs pinarello dogma 65.1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

trek madone 9.9 dogma 65.1

pinarello
32%
trek
68%

Total votes: 84

mikemon

by mikemon

has anyone rode the new madone 9.9 how does it stack up against a dogma 65.1 ?? the price tag on the trek is outrageous

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

The new Madone is arguably one of the best bikes you can buy at this moment.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

As much as I love my Pinarello F8, in this case, I voted for the Madone. It's both lighter and probably quite significantly more aero.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

kgt

by kgt

Are you sure the Madone is lighter than an F8? I don't know I am just asking.
I am not sure if it is significantly more aero either.

audiojan

by audiojan

kgt wrote:Are you sure the Madone is lighter than an F8? I don't know I am just asking.
I am not sure if it is significantly more aero either.

The claimed weight for the 65.1 is 970gr, but they are usually quite a bit over 1000gr... The claimed weight for the Madone 9.9 is 950gr, but the two I've weighed has both been under that (940 and 925gr). Ok, so not as much of a difference as I remembered it to be. Think I confused the weight of the 65.1 with the 60.1 (which is about 100gr heavier).

In terms of aerodynamics, no question that the 9.9 delivers. The 65.1 was never a very aerodynamic frame... so the difference should be quite significant.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

kgt

by kgt

My mistake. I had Pinarello F8 in mind.

desmonello

by desmonello

@ audiojan:for madone 9 you say 940 grams for frameset or only frame without fork ?

if the weight is only for frame, do you know the weight of fork ?

thanks

Desmonello

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Have never bought either but as a person who had a Dogma FPX and has always favored Pinarello's, I'm actually leaning towards the Madone. The Madone frameset may be lighter but if you consider that the everything (minus the wheels) is proprietary, the the F8 would be lighter overall? From what I have heard, the M9 brakes are fairly heavy in itself.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

garlet

by garlet

trek madone 9.9 win! because of cableing

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

I'll put my vote on the Madone as I just pulled the trigger on one today.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

desmonello wrote:@ audiojan:for madone 9 you say 940 grams for frameset or only frame without fork ?

if the weight is only for frame, do you know the weight of fork ?

thanks

Desmonello

It's kinda hard to compare the weights between the two as the Madone has integrated brakes. One has to include the weight of the brakes to be apples to apples.

Geoff

by Geoff

Check-out the geometry, too. You can get the Madone in the 'H1' size, which might make all the difference to you.

ergott

by ergott

I've tried the brakes on the Madone and wasn't sold. There's a lot of friction in the cable system so they require more effort to grab and you lose modulation feel as a result. I have also spoken to someone that races on one. Didn't like but deals with it. I'd have to see a better sample of one with if that's not indeed the case.

coloclimber

by coloclimber

ergott wrote:I've tried the brakes on the Madone and wasn't sold. There's a lot of friction in the cable system so they require more effort to grab and you lose modulation feel as a result. I have also spoken to someone that races on one. Didn't like but deals with it. I'd have to see a better sample of one with if that's not indeed the case.

Highly dependent on cables and pads.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

coloclimber wrote:
ergott wrote:I've tried the brakes on the Madone and wasn't sold. There's a lot of friction in the cable system so they require more effort to grab and you lose modulation feel as a result. I have also spoken to someone that races on one. Didn't like but deals with it. I'd have to see a better sample of one with if that's not indeed the case.

Highly dependent on cables and pads.

Highly dependent on cables and pads, to an extent for sure, but even more important... routing.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com