Current generation frame with BSA BB

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

iliedanila

by iliedanila

Hi,

I need your help, I plan to upgrade my frame with something new and shiny but I would very much like it to have a threaded BB (preferably English).
I prefer threaded because it's simple and it just works like a charm.

Do you know something like this in this day and age?

Thank a lot!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jengaback

by Jengaback

The Pinarello dogma f8 has a threaded bb. Don't know whether it's English or Italian though

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Pinarello is threaded but still uses Italian threads. Only God knows why, and I suspect he's at odds with the Pope over this.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

AZR3

by AZR3

Speaking of Italian threads, I went to the smaller bike shop close to my house, they don't sell much other than specialized and trek, just to grab a GXP BB and didn't notice till I tried to install it that it was Italian thread. So I go back and the guy comes out from their backroom looking confused and says all the GXP BBs they have are Italian thread lol Someone messed up when they placed their order lol

havana

by havana

Pretty much the same question

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=138485
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

iliedanila

by iliedanila

Jengaback wrote:The Pinarello dogma f8 has a threaded bb. Don't know whether it's English or Italian though

I think the F8 is a little expensive for my taste.
Any frame that costs over 3000 euros, loses in comparison with Ax Lightness. (this is a personal opinion, don't shoot).
For example, even the GAN RS is more expensive than the AxL...and I'm not sure is produced in europe, like the F8.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think german workforce is more expensive than italian, Ax is produced in Germany, the reviews are stellar for this frame...and it's aprox. 1000 euros cheaper than the GAN RS...which is not even top of the line for Pinarello...
Can't help but wonder "why????"

What do you think?

PS: I know Ax doesn't have a threaded BB, it's just that price-wise, I wouldn't buy anything more expensive than that...

micky

by micky

There's the recent topic about BSA BB which has been posted above, and for blame where big brands produce their own frames there's plenty of topics as well. :beerchug:

RussellS

by RussellS

AZR3 wrote:I went to the smaller bike shop close to my house, they don't sell much other than specialized and trek,

If they sell Specialized and/or Trek in the USA, they are a HUGE, BIG, MAJOR bike shop. Specialized and Trek don't give/sell their franchises to little shops. Its kind of like McDonalds. You got to be a big time player to land a McDonalds franchise. McDonalds does not work with any bum who can scratch up two nickels to rub together.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

You could go with a Seven or builders of that category. BSA is alive and well at the custom builder level. Seven and Moots also do stock frames.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels