Vittoria Corsa G+ vs Conti Gp 400S11

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

Looking for my next all round tire for my clincher wheelset. Size 25
The gold standard was the Continental GP 4000S11. I love the look of the Vittoria Corsa G+with the gumwall sides.
Anyone tried the new Vittoria Corsa G+ -need something with good puncture protection over all out speed as I know there are faster tires that are fragile (SPecialized, etc)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joepac

by joepac

I'm interested to hear about these as well.

I have been using Schwalbe Ones with good results. A lot more puncture resistant than the contis and they don't feel any slower. Most independent tests show them as similiar or slightly higher rolling resistance conpared to the 4000s. Only downside is they wear a lot if you skid.

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

I've got the Corsa G+ gumwalls, and so far I like 'em!! Went with the 25's, as well. Ride nice, and handle pretty good, too.

I've only got 140 miles on 'em so far, so can't really say anything about durability, but I haven't cut one, or flatted on our terrible Arizona roads.

Only complaint is they're a little heavier than advertised. But, I wasn't really surprised by that!!

Swannie

by Swannie

Every time i rode with the corsa g+ i had at least 1 flast.
Teammate just the same experience.
Yesterday another teammate decided to give them a try... He had a flat in the rear.
Worst tires EVER!

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Everything you need to know about tires http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com ... phene-2016
Scroll down for charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

joepac

by joepac

That site doesn't tell you much about flats or durability in the real world. Off topic: The power tire is another interesting prospect if it's more robust than it appears.

perwjensen

by perwjensen

Swannie wrote:Every time i rode with the corsa g+ i had at least 1 flast.
Yesterday another teammate decided to give them a try... He had a flat in the rear.
Worst tires EVER!

What kind of roads are you riding?

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

I can't speak about Vittoria Corsa G+ but 4000SII have been solid for me. I'm on 3rd pair, riding all year long. They don't flat that easy. On average I have 2 flats per year over sharp objects. I switched to Continental 4season this winter. Never again! It's far from subtle in contrast to 4000SII, it rides like wood. Long story short, 4000SII is a fantastic race tire which can be ridden all year long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Swannie

by Swannie

perwjensen wrote:
Worst tires EVER!

What kind of roads are you riding?

Normal roads here in Belgium.

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

The Vittoria Corsa G+'s really are phenomenal. I purchased as I love to experiment with tires and wanted to see what all the hype was about. I had kind of hoped that all of the marketing was nonsense... but it isn't. I really think they achieve the best balance between a great riding/feeling tire with durability. They feel 95% as good as a fresh Challenge Strada 320tpi open tubulars (which are terribly unreliable, but lets be honest when they work they are top-notch) and durability, which has been outstanding so far.

The GP4000S is a great tire, one of the best on the market. But the ride quality between the two is a tough comparison. The GP4000S's will likely be much more durable, especially on the sidewall, and last longer, but the grip and supple feel is no where near the Corsa G+. Both are great tires, just depends where you're riding and what you're going for. If you want to go faster and have some great grip at the price of a few less miles/tire, Corsa G+ all the way.

by 11.4

Swannie wrote:Normal roads here in Belgium.

Very cute, on the day before Paris Roubaix.

Swannie

by Swannie

Do u think every road in Belgium is full of cobbles?
My vittorias heve never seen any cobble up close and personal!

wop

by wop

Worst tires EVER!

That's weird.

I did 1500km on my current Vittoria G+, didn't have a single flat tire. How much air did you put in your tires? I have to say tho, I did only about 150/200km on wet surface.

I absolutely love the G+, they feels so comfortable. At 8bar they feel like 6,5bar continental GP4000s and the grip is amazing as well. Best tire for me so far.

Rondje

by Rondje

11.4 wrote:
Swannie wrote:Normal roads here in Belgium.

Very cute, on the day before Paris Roubaix.

You know Paris is in France right? (so is Roubaix btw).

Altho most of my experience of Belgium roads is by car, I can't say they are that great. It's always a notable difference if u drive from the Netherlands to France and you have to pass Belgium.

I'm curious on the G+ as well, looking to test something else then my the 2000sII's. I'm very happy with those but just want to test something new when the G+ are available in full black.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

The new Michelin Power Competition' s look promising.

http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com ... ition-2016

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com