Vittoria Corsa G+ vs Conti Gp 400S11

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xeladragon

by xeladragon

As joepac said, Schwalbe Ones are nice too. But I'll be trying the G+ next.

lewolive

by lewolive

What a match !

I have tested both and I have to say that it's hard to decide.
Comfort: Vittoria is by far better
Power transfer: Vittoria is good but Conti is probably the best
Speed in curves: I feel more confident with Vittoria but It's probably very close and I like Conti too
Puncture resistance: I have more little holes in the tire after 2000km on the Vittoria than on the Conti. I prefer Conti but Vittoria is not ridiculous
Speed: I cannot say, but I'm sure there are not 10W of difference between these 2 products, maybe Vittoria is a little better.

So, Vittoria is a revolution thanks to the feeling that you have with the road. Conti remains a product without drawbacks. For US roads I prefer Conti. For EU roads in general, I prefer Vittoria.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Given the new corsa has the same casing as the pave puncture resistance will be decent. The old corsa's are the only tyre I ever wore out. I knew when they were worn because they started to puncture every ride. Once it happens twice tyre in the bin. Happens after around 15000 miles. However I will use the corsa speed tubeless when it arrives but other wise IRC tubeless for me.

Delorre

by Delorre

bm0p700f wrote:Given the new corsa has the same casing as the pave puncture resistance will be decent. The old corsa's are the only tyre I ever wore out. I knew when they were worn because they started to puncture every ride. Once it happens twice tyre in the bin. Happens after around 15000 miles. However I will use the corsa speed tubeless when it arrives but other wise IRC tubeless for me.

I suppose it's 1500 miles? :D

Mep

by Mep

Should I snap these up at my LBS if they're on sale? I keep thinking they're going on sale because newer better ones (lower rolling resistance, weight, etc.) are on the way.

MikeDee

by MikeDee

I have the Open Corsa CX III. They fit real loose on the rims. Very ez to take on and off without tire levers. However, I worry about a heat related blow off. I probably won't use them again and will stick with the Conti 4000 S's. Otherwise they were the best riding tires I've had. The back one did suffer a sidewall cut and I had to replace it before it wore out.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

105kg rider and never had a flat with the Contis @ 120psi.

Flat spot a bit if you lock up, as with any tyre.

Just picked up some Schwalbe Ones in 23c to try out...
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

chaekm84

by chaekm84

Recommend vittoria.
vittoria is improved traction , but also strong , even punk.
It is also joteuldeut weight and experience once you vittoria is lighter .
Who 's the 4000s , and famous performance admittedly has the basics thinks is faithful .

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

chaekm84 wrote:Recommend vittoria.
Who 's the 4000s , and famous performance admittedly has the basics thinks is faithful .

What drugs are you on?

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

jdecraene85 wrote:
chaekm84 wrote:Recommend vittoria.

What drugs are you on?

He is not on drugs, he is one of those who contribute to this forum with abbreviated poor lexicon: I like, it's better, recommend, cool, tho and list goes on and on...

Recently too many newbies joined and trying to make an impact in this community with random nonsense.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Yes 1500 miles. Anway gone tubeless now as i had my last tube failure (hole at the valve) last week. When the corsa speed becomes available i can run those tubeless best of all worlds.

romalor

by romalor

would love the corsa graphene ( but not speed ) too fragile
to be available in tubeless ready soon ... please vittoria !

jefftillack

by jefftillack

I've used the conti's for many years and recently decided to switch to the Pirelli Zero's. They roll extremely well and handle great. In the dry. In the wet they're an abomination. Scary as hell and I've decided to go back to the conti's. Just a much safer tyre. The Pirelli's also were nowhere near as ouncture proof as the conti's.

wintershade

by wintershade

jefftillack wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:17 pm
I've used the conti's for many years and recently decided to switch to the Pirelli Zero's. They roll extremely well and handle great. In the dry. In the wet they're an abomination. Scary as hell and I've decided to go back to the conti's. Just a much safer tyre. The Pirelli's also were nowhere near as ouncture proof as the conti's.
I've also found the P Zero's traction to be lacking in the wet. Great in the dry.

GP4KII's are faultless, just not extraordinary on any dimension. I run them on my TT bike because the tire shape is more aero / egg-shaped.

My vote is for the Corsa G+. It's also nice to have some color options.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I have run both recoently. No faults with the g+ (i prefer the grey walls to tan) but the contis apparently have less rolling resistance in the lower pressure range. I also prefer the all black look of the contis.

For me the contis stay.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com