Bike of the Year Winner (£2750+)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

Given the pros have already done millions of miles on them across all terrain, including at speeds over 100km/h I think we'll be ok

My Bora 35s will be coming out for Majorca next weekend, and I won't be losing sleep tonight over lateral flex ... LOL
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Anyway, back to the video: the bloke clearly had some kind of allergic reaction to the sun. Couldn't they have picked another guy-with-accent to do the video speaking roles?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Andrewjn

by Andrewjn

Given he was bunny hopping ( ie landing) and descending ( cornering forces) at some speed, if the wheel was to deflect that would be a time to do so. I reckon I would be looking at the QR tensions etc

tinozee

by tinozee

Ahh what about hubs, preload, fork, QRs etc.? I remember once reading that a stiff wheel is actually more likely to cause rub if the preload or qr pressure is not right. As far as I knew the Boras are supposed to be rock solid wheels. Admittedly I have little knowledge in the subject but it is quite interesting.

superdx

by superdx

It's hard to tell but that may not be "flex". Could be that the water on the tire is reflecting light so it looks like it's wobbling. You would need a very high-speed camera to determine for sure. I think my front wheel is wobbly whenever it gets dirt / wet on it but it's just an illusion. Wheel is still actually true.

polaris

by polaris

I think there may be a bit of an optical illusion going on here, muddy water on one side of the tyre making it look like the whole rim wobbles...
.....but it still has to work!

sawyer

by sawyer

Yes, in short it's impossible to conclude what is going on.

Note however:

- the rider didn't look phased by it
- the bike, wheels and all, won bike of the year

BORAS = epic wheels
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

fogman

by fogman

After my Bora was broken in, the the rear hub had slight play in it and needed tightened. I think this is common. I have 2 sets of Boras (35 clincher and 50 tubular). They are a robust build with good braking and light in weight. I do not notice any lateral flex when climbing or sprinting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.