Fizik Antares R1 vs 00

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Hi All,

I've been considering getting an R1 saddle, but am asking if anyone has noticed performance differences (specifically the shell) between the R1 and 00 models.

Here's the dilemma.. I currently own a 00 saddle (pre-2016), but have found it a bit too stiff? for anything over 100km. I also own an r5 model which is super flexy, but not weenie ideal. So basically both ends of the spectrum.

Throwing out other factors like tire pressure, carbon vs alloy seatpost etc etc.

Anyone experience both saddles? What about the new 2016 00 saddle, any performance differences with the pre-2016?
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

han1337

by han1337

I have both, even tried both on the same bike. I like the R1 more, because its a bit more comfortable and because its form allows me to handle my bike a bit better while riding no hands.
I feel a bit insecure with the flatter arione 00.
the r1 feels more connectee
But this can just be a personal thing.

Both of my models are 2015

You have to choose weight or a bit more comfort.
But after all, i would try both and go for the one that fits best.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

So you tried the Antares 00, R1, and Arione 00?

I know for a fact that only the Antares line fits me, so it's only a debate between the two structures (R1 and 00).

mrgray

by mrgray

i was on the 2015 antares 00 and also found it terribly stiff. my solution was the kurve chameleon. it has some give and it was much much better.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

rheosibal

by rheosibal

How long were you on the 00 for? I've been on it for years, but after experiencing the compliance on an R5 version, I thought I would change it up for a happy medium.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

The original version of the Antares was flexy and pretty light. I noticed that even now, a lot of the Movistar riders, for ie., still use them.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Thanks! I assume it's the R3 Carbon railed one?

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I also have the 00 and the R1 version of the Antares. I like the 00 more because of the carbon shell. I don't know why but it seems that it has a little bit more flex. It feels different then the Nylon Carbon Thermoplastic Shell of the R1.
I also like the microtex cover on the 00 better, because it has no seams with different materials.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

***Ooops! never mind. I see you are talking about the Antares, an my post is about the Aliante. Sorry. *****
I have an R1, an R3-carbon, and a Kurve Bull that I have been trading off for about a month right now.
FWIW: The R3 actually seems a little more flexible and comfortable than the R1 at a cost of only 10 grams and a lot of money savings.

The Kurve is definitely much more flexible, and has great bump absorption and at times I love it but the shape is really a little different and doesn't fit my anatomy quite as well as the R3/R1, and so I am still trying to decide if it is actually any more comfortable. No centuries on them yet, just 40 milers.