ENVE Garmin Mount - Redesigned

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djtodd

by djtodd

So in other threads there has been angst over the ENVE garmin mount. It just didn't work with the Edge 1000 in landscape mode, and even the smaller models, once you locked it in it would give up the ghost after a while and just spin around.

ENVE has been pretty good about replacing defective units, and then realized that the product required a redesign.

They really came through again, as they were supposed to ship me yet another replacement 3 weeks ago to tide me over until the redesign was finished. At which point they would send me a redesigned unit, all free. So yesterday I get a UPS notification that a package was in the mail to me, and I was understandably upset because I should have had that replacement a week or so ago, not just shipping now.
Customer support responded that they ran out of "defective" ones, and that this was a redesigned model. Since the ball had been dropped with regards to communication, they upgraded the shipping to *overnight*.

So I have in my hands the new and improved model, and I think they've fixed it.

http://imgur.com/a/dRuGC

The mount is about 1/2" longer, which should solve the Edge 1000 landscape issues. It does look like you will have to loosen/remove the center screw and reset it 90 degrees CCW then replace the screw to use in landscape mode.

The "face plate" is also thicker, and the little nub to hold the two pieces in alignment is now buried (see above). I'm confident this will resolve the spinning issue.

While it should have been tested more thoroughly, their support did a really good job of keeping me happy and addressing the issue.

ergott

by ergott

When I look at this design I can't help but think it would be better to attach the mount to the two top bolts instead of the bottom two. That would allow the faceplate to give the mount some support through direct contact. Large impacts would have the mount lean up against the faceplate not pull away from it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djtodd

by djtodd

It will go in either the top or the bottom.

But I forgot the most important part. This *is* weight weenies after all.

Old design: 19g
New design: 26g

ms6073

by ms6073

djtodd wrote:It will go in either the top or the bottom.

Yes, but I think what ergot is suggesting is that the mounting tabs should be inverted so that the 'beam' of the mount sits below the stem mounting bolts, not above. While I have experienced the 'spinning' issue with our mounts, removal of the computer was a simple matter of ensuring I pressed on the Garmin on the side to engage the plastic knub. Would be nice if Enve would offer that new plastic insert to those of us who do not need a longer mount.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Look at the diagram on the packaging. It can be mounted 4 different ways.

ms6073

by ms6073

Blast! You are correct sir. :D

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ergott

by ergott

Thanks for the clarification. 2nd from the top is where I would put it.

hongsj

by hongsj

Is it V2?

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Hi could someone with this mount give the measurment of thebolt spacing ?
I am interested in this mount , my stem is 27mm bolt spacing.( zipp service corse )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

As I indicated in the Garmin Out-in-front thread, teh bolt spacing on my 2018 Enve road stem is 22 mm (~2.2 cm) and have the Enve V2 Garmin computer mount installed on that stem, so highly unlikely it will fit the Zipp stem with that spacing. I think your best bet would be something like the F3 mount.
- Michael