Rotor groupset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jeffy

by jeffy

To keep the R3's racy handling, Cérvelo's engineers managed to maintain the same short chainstay length of 405mm, rather than having to shift to the longer 415mm recommended by disc brake manufacturers. Cervélo achieved this by using a custom FSA SL-K crank with a 5mm offset to ensure the correct chainline.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... -r3-45087/

the CAAD12 chainstays are 40.5 - they don't seem to think this chainline modification is necessary.

Haven't heard any reports of problems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

pavel wrote:Another answer to a question that no one asked.

"Cant wait to get home and bleed my shifter lines," said nobody.

wheelsONfire wrote:I believe it could be a good idea for a gravel/ cx bike. Or a hybrid like Open UP.

Why?

wingguy wrote:The hydraulic shifting system does not work in the same way as hydraulic brakes. There is no need to compensate for heat or pad wear so there is no reservoir. It's a closed, airtight system containing a minute quantity of oil. In the amount of time that a mechanical system would have required multiple outer/inner cable changes this should still be running exactly in trim from the original setup.

Theoretically.

As Wing wrote, in theory, no need to adjust or change cables etc. No need to worry for potential electronic fails. A mechanical system should be easier to fix yourself. Also, most gravel, cx or hybrid (road, gravel and cx) bikes have longer chainstays.

Ofcourse, it could be a good idea to wait for second generation just as with Etap.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Ritxis wrote:Team Dimension Data, do not use it why? don't like? hey have tried it but they continue to use Shimano, Rotor is sponsor, Shimano not

in any race have been seen with UNO groupset, mostly use Di2

They are still testing and making minute adjustments. I was at the presentation, and over the last three months where the team has tested the group, there has been more tweaks than the previous year. So a team like DD is invaluable for testing. Small things like lever feel, tweaks of the ergonomics etc. For instance, there's two versions of the levers now. One for disc and one for rim brakes. The latter being without oil reservoir to get a more crisp feel of the brakes and to make the pad movement bigger to accomodate the difference in rim widths.
The team will ride the final version, when it's released this summer.

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

Nice to see this up close at the recent cycling event in London that shall not be named for fear of being called a snob... I'll post some pics when I get a mo but the long and short of it (from speaking to the reps) is:

- said to be the lightest hydro disc groupset on the market other than SRAM eTap HRD
- apparently due for release in Q1 2017. (the guy almost said January, then stopped himself...)

The version I saw was working nicely and didn't look 'prototypey' to me! :roll:
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

wingguy

by wingguy

Thanks for the info. Honestly though I think it needed to be THE lightest, otherwise what's the point? The breakdown of component weights will be interesting though - maybe it would be the lightest if the crankset was out of the equation.

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

Pics from Rouleur

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

Raccooningtanuki

by Raccooningtanuki

Meh. SRAMs on the right track. Eventually we should be able to have one groupsets we change between bikes. That's wireless goals. Except brakes uno is back to uno.
Spring propel viewtopic.php?t=140915
Fall guru merus viewtopic.php?t=155877
Summer carver nonsense viewtopic.php?t=156795

havana

by havana

I tested the group @ bikemotion and I wasn't impressed by the shifting quality by any means..
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

ergott

by ergott

havana wrote:I tested the group @ bikemotion and I wasn't impressed by the shifting quality by any means..

Care to elaborate?

havana

by havana

Rear shifting felt OK, pretty much the same as SRAM mechanical. Front shifting was not very smooth, took a lot of force and was a bit slow. I had tested the new Potenza groupset earlier; the latter easily won the test.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

ergott

by ergott

Sounds bad. I would have thought that front shifting would eclipse mechanical due to the hydraulic advantage.

Raccooningtanuki

by Raccooningtanuki

The hoods transition to the bars looks absolutely terrible
Spring propel viewtopic.php?t=140915
Fall guru merus viewtopic.php?t=155877
Summer carver nonsense viewtopic.php?t=156795

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

yeah looks like a big bump