Colnago C60 seatpost advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

davidebainchi123

by davidebainchi123

Hi all,
Finally completed my first "illegal" bike!
Colnago C60 size 55trad. with Campy SR anniversary, Zipp Carbon Handlebars , Cinelli-Rapha bar tape,Garmin mount,Zipp SL stem, Zipp Carbon Seatpost and Zipp 202 tubs. With Carogna tape and veloflex Carbon,,Fizik Antares R3+ cheeky Carbon bottlecage = 6,47 kg (without garmin S pedals)
Soon some proper pictures, but in the mean time I would love your advice in regard to seatpost :
I love Zipp and their quality, however I can't stand the seatpost White decals. (185 gr)
I bought a Colnago Matt black seatpost, (210 gr) not sure I really like the look
I was looking at Deda superleggero RS (176 gr) but not sure it will work well with Zipp handlebars. Definitely not changing handlebars because I really love riding on those especially when climbing.

What is your opinion in regard to different brands for seatpost/handlebars and stem?

Any other idea of what I could possibly do with the seatpost to remove Zipp ImageImageImageImagedecals (there is a layer of lacquer on top)

Thanks!
Davide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I personally like a matching cockpit, but not at the expense of functionality/performance. Since you're insisting on the Zipp bars, could you just strip the white logo off the zipp seatpost. It's hard to see the finish in that photo. Looks like the offset of that post works pretty well, assuming that's your final saddle position. Don't know what the Zipp is, but I believe the colnago post is 15mm offset, and the Legerra is 12mm. But if you went with the Leggerra, you'd probably want to remove the logo on it as well since 1) It's not Zipp, and 2) the logo would mostly be buried in the seat tube.

Even if the Zipp is painted on, you could sand off the logo and regloss it. I've done this on a stem recently and it came out perfect. I've matted over a Colnago post before to remove the graphics... looks a little industrial but I'm sure with some effort it could look awesome.

Anyway, you're almost there it looks like... but why are you calling it an "illegal" build... because of the Zipp components? :lol:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

jimborello

by jimborello

Nice bike!! You are right, the zipp decals are too loud if you want to keep the stealthy look of the rest of the bike. Just take the seatpost and handlebar and have them painted in matt black, Ive done that plenty of times and they always look superb.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I think he's calling it illegal because its UCI "illegal" @ 6.47kg.

While I think the Zip seat post does tend to detract attention from the frame, its not bad...

I'd say ride it first and then worry about the visual appear later. You can always sand off the decal and then re-apply a clear coat later on,
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AJS914

by AJS914

Congratulations on your C60!

From a pure visual point of view, I'm not into the curve in the Zipp seatpost. I'd like to see a straighter seatpost with more of the back of the seat hanging off the post. Right now, it looks like more of the front of the seat is over the post. This is purely a minor style nitpick, btw.

To me set back a little looks better than set forward.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

jimaizumi wrote:I think he's calling it illegal because its UCI "illegal" @ 6.47kg.

Yes, of course. My apologies to the Zipp fans.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kgt

by kgt

What is that you don't like on the Colnago seatpost? Any pictures?

davidebainchi123

by davidebainchi123

The weight :)
Will post Picts. This afternoon
Davide

Haydn

by Haydn

Great looking bike, and nice weight :)

kgt

by kgt

davidebainchi123 wrote:The weight :)

You chose a 1200gr(?) frame why bother for 25gr ? The Colnago seatpost is the best choise and you know it :)

mrgray

by mrgray

get a 78 g schmolke seat post. awesome and lose 110 g from the zipp thing. then acetone the schmolke logo and done!
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

corky

by corky

I like PMP seat posts because you get a straight post but still have setback, on a traditional level tt frame, curved seat posts don't suit imho. + it's Italian.....

Either that or go for a deda deda stem seat post combo.....

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

kgt wrote:
davidebainchi123 wrote:The weight :)

You chose a 1200gr(?) frame why bother for 25gr ? The Colnago seatpost is the best choise and you know it :)

my thoughts too - i chose a C60 knowing it's not a WW frame, and was prepared to sacrifice a little weight for the other benefits. I imagine that like the frame, the Colnago post prioritises robust reliability and ride quality - and i wouldn't trade that for a few grams. Besides, aesthetically it complements the frame better than other options will, with far less faffing about. But then, i went for the art decor classic frame with matching seat post - it would look half finished with anything else on it! If you've got it well under 7kgs already, then its well into hair-splitting territory. Mine is actually slightly over, as I haven't gone all out for weight saving, and can't say it ever feels porky, even on those 20% climbs that i have round my way... I might wish i was in better condition sometimes, but never the bike! :)

davidebainchi123

by davidebainchi123

Thank you all so much! Went for the Colnago, look defo. Better!

davidebainchi123

by davidebainchi123

Waiting to go up Mt. Ventoux in a couple of days time for "proper " pictures;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com