Specialized Tarmac Ceramic Speed BB Glued In?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

samklee

by samklee

Hey guys,

I have been riding a 2016 S-Works Tarmac for the last few months and everything has been flawless until recently, its developed quite an egregious clicking/creaking noise that seems to be originating from the BB area. I have already taken apart cleaned and regressed the crankset but that didn't alleviate my issue. I've narrowed it down to the BB shell itself but I have a few questions regarding re installing it back into the frame. I've heard that the plastic cup actually gets epoxied back into the frame, is that true? That seems a little extreme and permanent for something that is designed to be replaced periodically. Also if thats the case does anyone know what kind of epoxy is recommended?

Thank you all in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

marcelflash

by marcelflash

My Tarmac S-Works 2016 has no plastic cups.
Just the aluminium sleeve glued in the frame and the BB30 Ceramic speed bearings after reinstalled with grease pressed into the frame.
I use Wheels manufacturing reducers for my Fc-6800 Crank and no creaking.

gmakris

by gmakris

remove both bearings and reinstall using a lot of thick grease. you should be able to remove then with light force. Usually right side is tighter.

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

Try off saddles to see if the sound is already from the bb. I have the same issue. But the sound is actually from the seat post. All I need to do is take he seatpost and apply some carbon grease and the creaking is gone

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

addict

by addict

Helmetbox wrote:Try off saddles to see if the sound is already from the bb. I have the same issue. But the sound is actually from the seat post. All I need to do is take he seatpost and apply some carbon grease and the creaking is gone

+1 doubtless