Campagnolo Power Meters - Stages or Power2Max

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

UKBROOKLYN

by UKBROOKLYN

Well it's the end of June and they are saying " pretty much a lock that we will miss this road season" Given how manufacturers tend to express optimism.. I would say we would be lucky to see Stages Campy before Christmas.
Someone earlier said that they were having problems getting consistent carbon product from Campy.. I wonder is the fact that Campy are rumored to be working on their own PM solution might be helping slow down delivery to Stages.

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

I've just been told end of the year which is very frustrating, wish i'd bought the P2M back at Christmas when I could get 1.45 euros for my pound so costing me about £1100, now with the pound in free fall with the rate under 1.2 its more like £1325!! Bloody Brexit!
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

mrgray wrote:for me as a p2max owner the reason i ended up with SRM was because of PC7. i really like these. PC8 is not as hardy it seems to me and PC7 can be had for one fifth. the data resolution improves and i like the way pc7 just starts by itself and i never miss any data.

also changing the p2max battery every 3-4 months based on my usage wasn't that much fun.

last SRM i bought with chain rings was a 4 arm for ~ 1400 pounds (2700 AUD) so difference to p2mx (which was 2250 AUD) quite minor.

Wow where did you get an SRM so cheap? I can't see one in the UK fro under £2500
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

claus

by claus

I was also about ready to buy a Power2Max but then I came across a "20% off" sale at CompetitiveCyclist, so I got a SRM Campagnolo 4-Bolt Powermeter Crankset for a bit less than USD 2000.
So maybe check that site for rebates (they have some mailing list, but it basically never sent me e-mails :-(

UKBROOKLYN

by UKBROOKLYN

There is of course Favro BePro pedals.. I would go for them but I am a dyed in the wool Speedplay fan.

tabmaster

by tabmaster

Well, for what it's worth, I decided to take Calnago's advice & plumped for the SRM. I did so just a few days before the so called referendum caused the £ to plummet... PC8 coming with too. I'm quite excited to see how effective it will make my training. I guess that part will be down to me.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

jekyll man

by jekyll man

tabmaster wrote:Well, for what it's worth, I decided to take Calnago's advice & plumped for the SRM. PC8 coming with too. I'm quite excited to see how effective it will make my training. I guess that part will be down to me.

Or the weather will dictate when you use your PC8?
Official cafe stop tester

mrgray

by mrgray

yeah i ended up on pc7 as pc8 doesn't like moisture. incredible data and display though. pc7 battery also lasts forever. pretty cool cyclo computer i think.

pro bike supply was my source for cheapish srm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRM-Campagnolo- ... 1975487989
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

fogman

by fogman

The Campagnolo Super Record Stages left crank arm power meter is not compatible with all frames. On my F10 frame, the chain stay clearance was a little too tight.
I did not want to risk damage to the frame or power meter due to rubbing so I moved it to my 65.1 where there is plenty of clearance. (The Stages is compatible with both 2014 5-arm and 2015 4-arm crank sets.)
I am now looking into the Power2Max NG (or NG eco) for the F10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

avispa

by avispa

Hey Fogman... Looks like they put the wrong cable grommet on your F10. It is accumulating a lot of crud on the cable area! There are two types of cable grommets for the Campy EPS on Pinarellos. The one you have for the rear derailleur is used for mechanical setups.

:shock:

fogman

by fogman

@avispa. Thanks for pointing that out. But I do have Campagnolo mechanical. And the photograph was taken the day after a ride where there was a mudslide across the road. I have since cleaned up the grommet area better. Do I need to ask my Pinarello dealer for a different grommet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Wookski

by Wookski

I have recently sold a 4 arm campag and a SiSL2 power2max. The power meters worked flawlessly but I was extremely frustrated with spacing/ chainline issues on both. This seems to be a common power2max problem. Front shifting in certain gears is compromised.

My next PM will be SRM. You get what you pay for.

c60rider

by c60rider

Wookski wrote:I have recently sold a 4 arm campag and a SiSL2 power2max. The power meters worked flawlessly but I was extremely frustrated with spacing/ chainline issues on both. This seems to be a common power2max problem. Front shifting in certain gears is compromised.

My next PM will be SRM. You get what you pay for.

My power2max NG Campagnolo has worked flawlessly on front shifting. I don't have previous versions to compare with but it's the best changing front I've ever owned having been using pre 2015 on other bikes

JensNL

by JensNL

Power2Max on a Bianchi Infinito CV with SR EPS, no schifting problems at all

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

power2max is flawless. highly recommend. I've got a few of them.