New summer tire - Corsa G+ vs Strada Pro vs Turbo Cotton

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RickyKong

by RickyKong

Turbo Cotten 24.

Less rolling resistance, more aerodynamic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

micro553 wrote:The price bwtween the Corsa G+ and Veloflex Master is not that big.

Witch one do u Think?

Corsa G+ hands down if price is a consideration at all. Yes, they're virtually the same price, but I'd expect the Corsa G+'s will last you 10x the mileage of the Veloflexes

micro553

by micro553

Thanks for all advice. I ordered the Corsa G+

Maybe later in the summer I will try the Cottons aswell.

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

You won't be disappointed. I'm on my first set and I know I will be riding them for a while and will be replacing them with the same when these wear.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

My buddy bought a pair of Challenge Strada tires.. Mounted them, rode two miles to meet for a ride and the front blew out while he was waiting in the parking lot.... Challenge tires are utterly garbage. So inconsistent. A few of my friends have been riding the new new Roubaix Challenge tires wiith 2PPS protection. Those have actually been holding up..
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

glepore

by glepore

I would love to love the Challenges, old school construction, supple tires but...see above. Oh yeah, occasionally they just blow off the bead as well, gnarly if you happen to be going 60kph downhill...
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

bumill98 wrote:I wonder where that is sold cheaply too.

The challenges or Vittorias? I'll have a whole slew of the Challenges up on eBay in a few weeks, haha!

Marin

by Marin

glepore wrote:I would love to love the Challenges, old school construction, supple tires but...see above. Oh yeah, occasionally they just blow off the bead as well, gnarly if you happen to be going 60kph downhill...

The good thing is, the blowouts all happen while the bike is just sitting somewhere, just close enough that the BANG! still scares you.

xeladragon

by xeladragon

I recently ordered Corsa G+'s as well. I'm sure the ride quality will be fine... just hoping for some decent durability! Haven't had the best of luck with Vittoria in the past.

boysa

by boysa

I agree about not experiencing great durability with Vittoria. It's one of the reasons I've stayed away from them as of late. Hopefully the new iterations are longer lasting.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

thumper88

by thumper88

KarlC wrote:I just got a set of ZIPP SLSPEED 27C and I love them, also the price is really good

Here is a good review on the new ZIPP tire line up....

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/2014/09 ... e-and.html

Have you seen this chart....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1224624714

It's interesting, but there are caveats. 27c is not a width that will work for everyone and I am pretty sure I would never put one in the front of a bike. Also, with his charts and the rolling resistance website, you have to constantly be trying to figure out which clincher is getting tested with latex tubes and which isn't.
My take is that every time youre comparing say, a GP4000sII to a tubular with a latex tube built in, or a tubeless tire, you should run a latex tube.... ton of apples and oranges situations.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

mpulsiv wrote:Scroll down to see a chart of puncture resistance http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com ... otton-2016

Turbo cotton = 10.1 watts
Corsa G+ and GP 4000S = 12.2 watts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wait does that website infer that that we need to ride tires at 120psi?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Marin wrote:No

go on.....

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

nathanong87 wrote:
Marin wrote:No

go on.....

Tires were tested from 80-120 psi so you can see the delta. Just because it was tested at 120 max psi, it doesn't mean a you have to ride at this pressure. As a matter of fact, anyone who rides over 100 psi on 25mm tire lack basic knowledge.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com