Quick question on BMC TMR02

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

i'm looking to test ride a BMC TMR02 at my LBS. it's the same spec as this:
https://www.racycles.com/product/detail/8030

question is.. what kind of BB is it? is it a PF version of BB86 or threaded?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Says BB86 so it's a pressfit HT2 as std.
Official cafe stop tester

stormur

by stormur

it's 2015 so BB86 called also "shimano pressfit".
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

KarlC

by KarlC

Yes BB86 Shimano pressfit. Look at the below link from the BMC web site .....

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/us-en/bi ... tmr02-105/

Make sure that they have the brakes set up right before you go for a test ride, it can make a big difference on these bikes.

Let us know how the test ride goes, I went from Scott CR1 to a BMC TMR01 and could not believe how much better of a bike I was riding.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

addictR1

by addictR1

I see thanks guys. So what would be the best BB I need if I'm running SRAM Red GXP? should i just get the SRAM GXP BB86? or is there are lighter and more efficient one?

Karl: yea I'm looking forward to riding it as well. Keeping the Addict as climbing bike while this will be my aero bike for flats and smaller climbs. :)

addictR1

by addictR1

quick update... went in tonight for a test ride.. went with a 48cm and the fit was like a glove. walked out with her after forking over $2207 (after tax and discount). love love love it...

got a zipp sl70 aero handlebar on order and need a couple more parts before i swap out all the Shimano 105 stuff.

my plan is to run SRAM Red group... so will need a BB86 press-fit GXP to fit my Red + QXL mid-compact crankset.

here are a couple questions:
1) i have a SRAM RED WiFli RD and a RED RD (10sp).. will that support 11 speed? if yes, then i'll get SRAM RED 22 shifters for it.. otherwise will just use existing SRAM RED 10sp shifters. i know back in the days of deore 9 speed, it'll index up to 10 speed, not sure about SRAM.

2) for bb86 gxp.. i see Token has one.. anyone use it before? better than the SRAM one? or is there another one that's better, lighter, spins more effortlessly?

3) shifter cables.. since it's all internal, i'm thinking to run jagwire racer pro XL. any other brand that offers similar?

4) front brake is 105, not sure if pull ratio can be supported by RED shifters... if not, will need front brakes.. thinking to go aero & lightweight if that's the case.. any suggestions?

5) rear brake is underneath the frame.. don't plan to change that.. hopefully no compatible issues with RED shifters either?

thanks in advance~~

kkibbler

by kkibbler

1) All the indexing is in the shifters and SRAM 10sp and 11sp share the same amount of cable pull per shift. In short, a 10sp RD will work in 11sp drivetrains.

2) SRAM's pressfit GXP BB is more than adequate. If you want to spend more for the sake of spending, Enduro and WheelsMfg make alloy shell thread-together "pressfit" BBs that work brilliantly.

Also, I think it's time to change your username.

addictR1

by addictR1

kkibbler: thanks for the quick reply. i have wheelmfg enduro on my CX (redline conquest team) and love it.. but heavy. i'll go with sram in that case.. since token is only 3gr lighter.

i still have my addict r1... love love love her. she'll be my dedicated climbing bike... maybe addicted tmr? haha

KarlC

by KarlC

Congratz on the new bike, time to start a new owners thread, please post lots of photos and weights !!

I have more questions / input for you but I will hold off until you start your new owners thread.

Looking forward to see what another BMC TMR Owner does with his bike !
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

I've got a SRAM bb86 bottom bracket gxp and force crankset in an aluminium frame. Works fine. No creaks or issues after thousands of km including downpours on filthy UK and Belgian roads.

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

KarlC: sure thing.. i'm getting some parts together before i start taking the stock parts off and apart.
MikeyBE: good to know. i ordered the SRAM version last night. :)