new domane slr on english site

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok, so you're saying that an H1 Domane (SLR) will have the same geometry as an H1 Emonda, or H1 Madone for that matter? And not just the std Domane geometry with a shorter headtube? That's fine with me. If not, I wouldn't mind picking up a Koppenberg frame only before they're no more.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wkwt

by wkwt

Domane SLR9 etap, Aeolus 3: $11,000
White Domane SLR7 Ui2, alloys: $7000
All black Domane SLR6 Ultegra, alloys: $5000

yzrider165

by yzrider165

Looks awesome! It has an access door on the down tube that may be able to suit a DI2 junction box like the Madone. I should hope on the RSL version that they get rid of the direct mount RD hangar for a replaceable one. It is a good solid design but it is so solid that it could crack the frame in a crash. That was the one thing I didn't like about the Koppenberg and Classics models. Pretty neat the clearance for 32mm tires and lighter thru-axle mounts. They changed to flat mount discs as well(not really sure of the advantages though, but I think it may be for lighter fork mounts). It also carries the updated seat mast cap with a different clamping design so it is more secure and doesn't ruin the paint on the mast(this was a design change for 2016). It kind of looks like there may be a rubber seal between the fairing and the Isospeed though.

I hope they fixed the disc clearance issues as the previous version used to rub on the fork with any bit of sprinting or dirt on the disc. The cable routing is also different. I have mixed emotions about that because if you have seen any Emonda with some use, the cables rub on the head tube. So this will probably require some Jagwire Road Link Elite cables with the rubber grommets to keep the cables from rubbing. Noticed the fork is shaped differently so maybe the wheelbase is a bit tighter making it handle a bit quicker. Only the geo charts will tell. Looking forward to the official release.

wkwt

by wkwt

These also come stock with 28mm wide tires and a new Bontrager bar call Isocore.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

yzrider165 wrote:Looks awesome! It has an access door on the down tube that may be able to suit a DI2 junction box like the Madone. I should hope on the RSL version that they get rid of the direct mount RD hangar for a replaceable one. It is a good solid design but it is so solid that it could crack the frame in a crash. That was the one thing I didn't like about the Koppenberg and Classics models. Pretty neat the clearance for 32mm tires and lighter thru-axle mounts. They changed to flat mount discs as well(not really sure of the advantages though, but I think it may be for lighter fork mounts). It also carries the updated seat mast cap with a different clamping design so it is more secure and doesn't ruin the paint on the mast(this was a design change for 2016). It kind of looks like there may be a rubber seal between the fairing and the Isospeed though.

I hope they fixed the disc clearance issues as the previous version used to rub on the fork with any bit of sprinting or dirt on the disc. The cable routing is also different. I have mixed emotions about that because if you have seen any Emonda with some use, the cables rub on the head tube. So this will probably require some Jagwire Road Link Elite cables with the rubber grommets to keep the cables from rubbing. Noticed the fork is shaped differently so maybe the wheelbase is a bit tighter making it handle a bit quicker. Only the geo charts will tell. Looking forward to the official release.

Re: the "Koppenberg" and "Claasics" (prior name) versions . The reason for the stainless steel non-removable derailleur hanger is for stiffness and more sure shifting over the cobbles etc., and be damned with replaceability. And the wheelbase, and everything else, was indeed tighter on these frames than the standard run Domane, that's why I keep asking about the geometry of the new RSL... so far I've not seen anything on that. I really hope they don't put discs on the RSL version and unless we see Cancellara with discs on his, I don't think they will. As for cable rub on the Emonda head tube, that frame begs to have the cables routed up front so they don't even touch the head tube. Smoother lines, less friction, no cable rub. There's really no excuse for not doing it that way from the get go. That's simply a matter of routing them that way, no change to the frame necessary. The only cable that can rub on the Emonda head tube is the rear brake cable, which if tied to the right shifter (most countries), touches the right side of the head tube before it enters the top tube from the right side.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

hlvd

by hlvd

yzrider165 wrote:Looks awesome! It has an access door on the down tube that may be able to suit a DI2 junction box like the Madone. I should hope on the RSL version that they get rid of the direct mount RD hangar for a replaceable one. It is a good solid design but it is so solid that it could crack the frame in a crash. That was the one thing I didn't like about the Koppenberg and Classics models. Pretty neat the clearance for 32mm tires and lighter thru-axle mounts. They changed to flat mount discs as well(not really sure of the advantages though, but I think it may be for lighter fork mounts). It also carries the updated seat mast cap with a different clamping design so it is more secure and doesn't ruin the paint on the mast(this was a design change for 2016). It kind of looks like there may be a rubber seal between the fairing and the Isospeed though.

I'd be very interested in buying the seat mast/cap if it had the two separate adjustment as found on the new Madone.
The current one with dual purpose mount as found on the Emonda SL is very difficult to set and always seem to tilt forward when torqueing.
Will it be available?
Can't see the need for the isospeed seat tube on the Emonda as it's so damn comfortable already.
Gotta hand it to Trek for their innovations, the new Domane looks lovely.

jinsubi98

by jinsubi98

very nice shape

Broady

by Broady

Saw one of these in a shop on Saturday, wondered what it was. Looked pretty cool.

Trkorb

by Trkorb

Pro Endurance Geometry is not H1 - it's basically the old "classics geometry", much lower and longer than H1, it will not be available with discs.

I believe all the details will be around April 4th. Having seen one taken apart, they are really ingenious.

hlvd

by hlvd

http://fahrrad-store.ch/de/shop/fahrräder/road/comfort/trek-bikes/trek+domane+slr+7+disc+2017

hlvd

by hlvd

http://fahrrad-store.ch/de/shop/fahrräder/road/comfort/trek/trek+domane+slr+9+etap+2017

wkwt

by wkwt

Haha, Trek seem to be enforcing non-disclosure on the web until Monday.

ergott

by ergott

Can someone explain what's going on with that seat tube?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Ergott: I can't, but it's buggin the hell outta me :). As far as I can tell, the actual structural part of the seat tube, which can flex a bit, is of a shape that is maybe not so aero. So they've put a shroud in the front of it to aid airflow and there's a gap between the shroud and the main sea tube to provide clearance for the flex. Then I think... What the hell, are the really going to destroy a clean simple design and nice lines with a god awful shroud like that. I really hope not.