new domane slr on english site

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RickyKong

by RickyKong

Slack wrote:
fa63 wrote:
ergott wrote:Can someone explain what's going on with that seat tube?

Looks like a leaf spring with an elastomer between the two pieces.

It's not an elastomer. It varies the flex in the post.

I think so. It might be a kind of fake plastic like specialized zertz...

RickyKong

by RickyKong

spartan wrote:etap model... nice
why doesn't trek release a h2 version.. the headtube is too long..

https://thebikefactory.co.uk/product/94 ... -2017-new/

I think so, too.

"Koppenberg" size is started "56" but I want 54 H1...

I hope Domane SLR provides all fits, all sizes of frameset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ansible212

by ansible212

RickyKong wrote:I think so, too.

Got a sneaky peak at the dealer view of the Project One website yesterday - Pro Endurance Fit is available in sizes from 54cm (allegedly classics geometry, not Koppenberg). 700 series carbon and so not cheap (around 2 x price of the regular Project One frame, at least in the UK).

fa63

by fa63

Based on the video a couple posts above, looks like the moveable piece allows tuning the stiffness of the leaf spring by changing the supported length. Move it up for less flex (to make it stiffer), and down for more.

Trkorb

by Trkorb

Im disappointed that the front disc brake hose is not internal, uses two cable ties... a bit scruffy.

Chewy

by Chewy

OliverRB wrote:Im disappointed that the front disc brake hose is not internal, uses two cable ties... a bit scruffy.

That is extremely disappointing if it's true considering everything else seems to be moving toward integration and hiding every possible cable.
Cable ties never look good. And exposed cables aren't aero. Probably didn't put as much effort in as the pros weren't going to use the disc version anyway.

hlvd

by hlvd

If you've ever ridden an Emonda I don't get the need for a comfort bike, but having said that I have seen the SLR and it looked lovely.
Trek seem to be really pushing boundaries on the innovation front.

russianbear

by russianbear

ansible212 wrote:
RickyKong wrote:I think so, too.

Got a sneaky peak at the dealer view of the Project One website yesterday - Pro Endurance Fit is available in sizes from 54cm (allegedly classics geometry, not Koppenberg). 700 series carbon and so not cheap (around 2 x price of the regular Project One frame, at least in the UK).

That can't be right. The up charge in the US for the pro geo and 700 series carbon is $1000.

nickf

by nickf

Wait till the 4th. H1 for sure though.

ansible212

by ansible212

russianbear wrote:That can't be right. The up charge in the US for the pro geo and 700 series carbon is $1000.

600 series SLR is 2,400GBP. From memory (inc VAT), the 700 Series Pro geometry version is 3,500GBP. Can't remember if that was excluding VAT (add 20%), or whether the VAT was included in the price but listed separately (as can be the case with prices in the UK) - I think it was ex VAT as it was the dealer Project One site. (The price and fact that it's not available in a 52cm meant I didn't really pay attention to the Pro version price. :? )

Anyway Project One allegedly goes live at 4PM BST tomorrow so not long now...

gftcd

by gftcd

Project one charge extra for frame sets / full bikes anyway, so you cant compare off the shelf prices to project one prices.. If you want to upgrade from a 600 series domane to a 700 series domane in the project one site, it is an extra £750 inc VAT.

The pro endurance geometry is classics geometry.

In all honesty this bike has completely blown me away - it's the future. There is nothing in the industry that comes close to this kind of innovation. The closest thing I can think of is that VCLS canyon from a little while back with the integrated suspension - and that doesn't even seem close to being a real product.

I've seen the whole thing taken apart and put back together, its ingenious. Easy to service too.

Wheever

by Wheever

fa63 wrote:Based on the video a couple posts above, looks like the moveable piece allows tuning the stiffness of the leaf spring by changing the supported length. Move it up for less flex (to make it stiffer), and down for more.

This is correct. I was playing with it at my LBS last week. (Didn't ride it, as the bike they had on display was a 58, and I ride a 52 Domane.)

nickf

by nickf

Trek bikes updated with SLR info.

nickf

by nickf

Race shop limited in the pro endurance geo, Domane is standard endurance geo. That damm headtube length kills it. So a size 54 RSL is what 10.3cm vs 16cm. Thats to much of a spread. Fenders, 28c /32c(disc only) tires is nice, but i can fit 28s on my evo. I like the idea and cant wait to get some in to build them up to take one for a spin. Really how much comfort does one need?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com