Trek Emonda SLR Seat Cap

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hlvd

by hlvd

Does anyone know the difference between the ordinary SL seat cap and the SLR seat cap?
The SLR is much lighter but don't know anything else.

I can't find it on the Trek/Bontrager website, but does come up on Google at various outlets.

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

They seem to be the same from what i can tell.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hlvd

by hlvd

I've the SL seat cap, the SLR is lighter, just thinking of buying one really.

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

From everything I see the SL and SLR use the same part.

"Trek offers a choice of two lengths for the seatpost cap (135mm and 175mm) along with two offsets (5mm and 20mm)"

If you're still not sure, email Trek's customer support (Trek-Bicycle@trekbikes.com). I've had a number of questions and they were quick to respond. It's best to use their website and provide a serial number. They will assign a case number and send you a email with the info. Someone will then get back to you.

I inquired about installing Sram eTap and if they had a solution for covering the openings. I suggested using 2 of the Shimano Di2 covers that were completely closed and they provided me with the part number so i could over them.

hlvd

by hlvd

oldnslow2 wrote:From everything I see the SL and SLR use the same part.

"Trek offers a choice of two lengths for the seatpost cap (135mm and 175mm) along with two offsets (5mm and 20mm)"

If you're still not sure, email Trek's customer support (Trek-Bicycle@trekbikes.com). I've had a number of questions and they were quick to respond. It's best to use their website and provide a serial number. They will assign a case number and send you a email with the info. Someone will then get back to you.

I inquired about installing Sram eTap and if they had a solution for covering the openings. I suggested using 2 of the Shimano Di2 covers that were completely closed and they provided me with the part number so i could over them.

Thanks, I've emailed Trek about it so guess I'll know in a few days.
Love your Emonda, very envious!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com