Factor Bikes experience?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RimClencher

by RimClencher

I would not call that a customer service problem. It is a valuable insight into what people at this company think of you though. Namely, a time sucking, chain yanking, Joe blow type.

mrgray

by mrgray

great to hear they are treating you right Bely. surely at some point they will realise who they are dealing with! as someone else said, send them a photo of your bikes and make sure you get the respect you are so surely entitled to! :)
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zulu695

by zulu695

great that they came back to you, but for me the damage is done, I would move my money elsewhere.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Glad to hear there has been some sort of recovery. I don't understand the mentality of not wanting to answer a few basic/key questions on a high end product. It's not like they are $500 Chinese frames! If you want to sell high end surely you have to expect a lot of back & forth with the customer?

I can't remember for sure, but when I bought my Saffron & the Argonaut there must have been at least 50 emails/a few phone calls...

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Owning a high end bike is more than just the physical bike: it is the process, pedigree and overall emotional experience .

Maybe this adds to the experience, but I personally would spend my money somewhere else. Even at $100/hour their frames are expensive.

fa63

by fa63

RimClencher wrote:I would not call that a customer service problem. It is a valuable insight into what people at this company think of you though. Namely, a time sucking, chain yanking, Joe blow type.

Agreed.

I would take my money elsewhere.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Wow, way to launch a brand. To call you their IDEAL demographic is an understatement.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yup, it doesn't matter at this point if they know "who they are dealing with". Because it's the Joe Blows of the world that they need to sell to. I'm with the spend your money elsewhere crowd. If its like this at the beginning you know it's not going to be better at the end.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I totally agree with the consensus above!! A company with that kind of attitude doesn't deserve your support/custom or that of anyone else in the cycling world for that matter!!

liam7020

by liam7020

Yep, walk and take your moolah with you. What's the betting Factor ain't gonna be around in 5 years time?!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

And I will stay away from the other brands represented by this guy also. Why would I pay $100/hour to someone who does not seem nice when there are plenty of nice people to do business with.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

I am surprised by the reaction to Bely's request.

From the dealings that I had (and discussions with Baden & Rob), my understanding is that Baden & Rob are the co-owners (not sure on the % split), and the 'promoter' that I have had interactions with are Shift Active Media from the UK, and most recently Charlotte Sampson.

Glad that Baden is aware of the situation and hopefully is taking action, he seems that honest straight up guy. Even sent me a text post the test ride, that if I was in Melbourne, let him know and he'll organise a bike for me to ride.

To get an email response like that shows complete and utter lack of professionalism from the person, but think that in the dealings I had with Baden & Rob, it's not what they are about.

Sure, their bikes are expensive and not meant to be similar to Giant, so they are not chasing sales volume, but they also discussed a scheme of a finance type plan so the Joe Blows that have the desire can also get on their bikes, and not just the rich fatcats.

Like I said in my writeup, I'd be on an O2 disc if I had the available cash. 8)

Michael B

Oh, @ Bely, if you send Baden this link, I'm pretty sure he'd respond too.

Bely

by Bely

Guys, Peter has written an apology. we have all had that bad day - I have accepted his apology and its water under the bridge. I want to believe he just had a moment of bad judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

morrisond

by morrisond

Bely - Just to be clear on this - It was Peter from SBS who sent that email to you?

Is he even part of Factor? He appears to be a Canadian Distributor? I'm sorry to say if he is - his office is only a few miles from where I live.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bely

by Bely

Yes Peter from Sbsportinc sent that initial email. He has since sincerely apologized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming