Rotor Inpower user software 1.4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WasFab

by WasFab

I have connected my Inpower left crank and use the newer SW 1.4 with an ANT + stick to connect with my laptop.

I have updated the latest firmware to 2.201 and I have two questions:
1. I can't do the calibration via the software but only via the Garmin 810.
2. The advanced training mode (torque 360) shows the pedal angle in what looks like opposite degrees. It shows around the 250 degrees while the OCP range is from around 75 degrees (OCP 1) onward.
I'm using Doval asymmetric rings 52/36

Any one have clue what the catch here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanevans0007

by seanevans0007

No help, but my OCP software when using 1.1 started ok then one day went backwards (wrong). just upgraded to 1.4 & forwards (correct) now.

Was dropping out all the time with FW 2.2 but 2.201 seems to have fixed!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WasFab

by WasFab

I have changed my rings to rotor compact before I had Doval so this solved the problem it shows the right direction for OCP 4 but I have another minor issue: I try to calibrate my Inpower crank with the latest 1.4 software at the "service" tab. I also have updated the latest firmware however it won't calibrate thru the SW. It is only calibrating via my Garmin computer. Anyhow stumble with this issue?

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

If you get wrong angle readings, it's because you need to calibrate two times after each other, (turn the cranks backwards 2-3 times between the calibrations).

The first time it will calibrate torque-wise, the second time it will calibrate the accelerometer, so it knows what's up and down.

WasFab

by WasFab

Mario Jr. wrote:If you get wrong angle readings, it's because you need to calibrate two times after each other, (turn the cranks backwards 2-3 times between the calibrations).

The first time it will calibrate torque-wise, the second time it will calibrate the accelerometer, so it knows what's up and down.

If you mean the first time that gives the figure 1000 then to turn the paddles counter close wise and then to do another calibration, so yes I know and I do it..my problem is that the calibration function thru the user software 1.4 goes an error result.

WasFab

by WasFab

I don't receive the wrong angle anymore cause I calibrate it thru the Edge the issue I can't calibrate via the software

MrJP

by MrJP

Hi All

After several few trouble free years using an SRM I now have a Rotor Inpower on a new bike but I can not seem to calibrate it.

Using 'Software 1.4' (PC) when I try to calibrate I get the following error message.....

"The initial calibration value can not be read, please try again the calibration"

When I try again I get the same result :roll:

Has anyone else seen this issue please?

WasFab

by WasFab

Yes I have this issue, the same, I can't do the calibration via the rotor software I can only do it via the Edge device. All the other stuff through the software works fine. I couldn't solve it. Please let me know if you had any developments on it.

MrJP

by MrJP

WasFab wrote:Yes I have this issue, the same, I can't do the calibration via the rotor software I can only do it via the Edge device. All the other stuff through the software works fine. I couldn't solve it. Please let me know if you had any developments on it.

I have emailed Rotor Tech Support about this....

Their suggestion is that I need to move my ANT+ dongle closer to the InPower PM as it may be an issue with connectivity between the InPower PM and my Laptop..

On the laptop 'Software 1.4' says that the connection status is 'Good' & it able to read the battery power status which suggests the connection is not the issue.

I have gone back again to Rotor with this, I'll update when they reply.

WasFab

by WasFab

Yes I have done that with no success please let me know if there is anything that does help. Thanks.

WasFab

by WasFab

junjun0920 wrote:I don't receive the wrong angle anymore cause I calibrate it thru the Edge the issue I can't calibrate via the software

Which angle are you referring to? Are u also can't calibrate it via SW only via the Edge?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AlexM077

by AlexM077

Hello!

InPower software 1.4 and fw 2.201 are mentioned in the thread. I am looking for those versiona.

Does anyone have archived a copy? I have first gen cranks and need to reflash them - and the newer software (2.5) does not recognize them.