Anyone ride/own a Feska One?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

VTBike

by VTBike

I'm looking for a new frameset and am pretty taken with the Feska offerings. Seems like an incredible deal for hand-made carbon, custom geo, continuous strand carbon technology, and amazing paint. I was looking at Parlee as well, but you get much less from Parlee for literally $1-2k more (and that's for their china-made Altum, not the Z which is many thousands more)..

Only thing i can't find is how they ride, impressions, happy with ownership, etc.. There are some threads on the steel frame, and the ti - but really none on the carbon One.

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JLiukkonen

by JLiukkonen

I bought ONE last summer. We got a made4champs deal for our team, Lahden Pyöräilijät (Lahti cyclists, Finland) and we ordered alltogether 5 frames. 2 carbon, 2 steel and one titanium. The thing here was to get a hand made frame with unique design. I was a bit scared of the riding properties, but the geometry was really "Colnago-like" so you can't be that far from a great ride, right?

I got a 53 sloping geometry with Enve fork. The ride is fast when you want to put the hammer down and still relaxed when you want to cruise. The best bike I have ridden so far

www.rex.fi/en/bike

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Did you ride this bike at Giro delle Dolomiti?

JLiukkonen

by JLiukkonen

Wish I rode!
www.rex.fi/en/bike

VTBike

by VTBike

Thanks for the feedback - great to hear - and I love that paint job!

Fast when you want it to be, relaxed when you don't. I mean - that's what we all want in a bike right?! I'm heading to my local shop (well, 3 hr drive local) tomorrow to check them out. I want a ride that is stiff and responsive - but also has enough compliance that I don't feel every single bump. And also want it to be beautiful and somewhat custom looking. So far it seems like it's hitting all those marks. I also LOVE Festka's webiste. The design is fantastic, but even better - their grammar is so perfectly endearing. I mean that in the most serious way. It comes across as authentic, and I think all the grammatical errors are fantastic. It almost seals the deal for me.

JLiukkonen

by JLiukkonen

Forgot to add a link https://www.flickr.com/photos/ant_tip/albums/72157652503067623 There's also AnttiP's Ti Asphalt. He made the design for these bikes and actually the feedback Festka got from this design they wanted to make different versions of our club design!

I really like the classic round tubes, not the huge aero flattened everywhere everywhere tubes. Gives more traditional look. And even this is a sloped model, it's not that steep angle that you could even tell it right away. I prefer trad. geometry, but thanks mum and dad I have long back+short legs. So trad. geometry wouldn't look good for me...
www.rex.fi/en/bike

han1337

by han1337

JLiukkonen wrote:I bought ONE last summer. We got a made4champs deal for our team, Lahden Pyöräilijät (Lahti cyclists, Finland) and we ordered alltogether 5 frames. 2 carbon, 2 steel and one titanium. The thing here was to get a hand made frame with unique design. I was a bit scared of the riding properties, but the geometry was really "Colnago-like" so you can't be that far from a great ride, right?

I got a 53 sloping geometry with Enve fork. The ride is fast when you want to put the hammer down and still relaxed when you want to cruise. The best bike I have ridden so far

Looks beautiful, what have you ridden before to compare it to?

JLiukkonen

by JLiukkonen

Owned
S-works Tarmac -stiff, light, nervous
Alu Bianchi -heavy, noodle, great ride other wise
Dario Pegoretti -steel is real

Tested:
Lapierre -race bike from fdj.fr pro -nothing to complain
Fort? -some czech alu frame. Stiff and rigid, rides like a train
and some small stints with Merida, Felt etc. no remarkable memories of those...
www.rex.fi/en/bike

VTBike

by VTBike

Well, after visiting the local shop, i went ahead and put a deposit down on a One for July-ish delivery. It ended up being a no-brainer for me. Among other things, I got it with an ISP, no cable stops (Etap specific), integrated rear brake line, custom geo, and custom paint. Hand made, 10 yr warranty, just over $5k. This coming week will be viewing the geo in CAD, and nailing down my paint with designers.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Sounds great. Be sure to do a build thread on it once it arrives and keep us updated with pics etc.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Personally i think they are overpriced!
Starts at 3500 Euro with the cheapest 3T Pro forks and not even a true tapered head tube.

I'd much more like to get a custom layup bike (all carbon) or buy something that fits right away.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

VTBike

by VTBike

I can't speak to the price in Euro, they don't advertise that here. The One is full carbon at $4k base - which has something like 15 different stock sizes, or you can choose custom geo at NO up charge. That also comes with a tapered 3T fork (though I opted for an Enve upgrade at $150). The Euro is slightly stronger than the dollar. I have to imagine that either it's the same price, or slightly cheaper. So basically, I have no idea what the hell your talking about wheelsONfire.

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

JLiukkonen wrote:Image

That's an absolutely stunning ride JLiukkonen! I hadn't heard of Festka before, but will surely keep this brand in mind! Unfortunately I just ordered a new Dogma F8 :)

KWalker

by KWalker

The new Speedvagen/custom steel. Convincing people they need fully custom solutions when in reality they just need to stop being so anal and have fun on their bikes.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

VTBike wrote:I can't speak to the price in Euro, they don't advertise that here. The One is full carbon at $4k base - which has something like 15 different stock sizes, or you can choose custom geo at NO up charge. That also comes with a tapered 3T fork (though I opted for an Enve upgrade at $150). The Euro is slightly stronger than the dollar. I have to imagine that either it's the same price, or slightly cheaper. So basically, I have no idea what the hell your talking about wheelsONfire.

I looked at the price which starts at 3500 Euro. That is what i was and am talking of. Nothing more or less. I paid about same for my bike with tapered head tube and THM CT fork. So for me Festka is very expensive. I don't say there are not other bikes/ frames that also are expensive.

Prices and specs are to be viewed here
http://www.festka.com/one.php
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com