Bike written off - Campag groupset swap advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

I run 3 bikes with SR and one with Athena (actually one of the SR bikes has Chorus levers as they are exactly the same weight and half the price) - I really enjoy the Athena and I wouldn't consider it a downgrade from Centaur at all.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devon

by Devon

THanks all for the helpful comments. Can I point out that this is regarding the insurance valuation only, and not what I will actually be running on the new bike.

pete2528ca

by pete2528ca

I just checked last week with my insurance company because of a policy change. So, for example, if my bike gets stolen I get coverage up to $5,000 per bike less depreciation and deductible. HOWEVER, if I get hit by a car it is full replacement value, less $300 deductible. Maybe the rules here in Canada are different. If the accident wasn't your fault, the person who hit you should be responsible to compensate you either out of pocket or via their insurance for what you had.