Sram red aerolink alternative-help!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

thebadgerboy1982

by thebadgerboy1982

Hi all,

I really don't like the sram red aerolink brakeset! Ive had them on my bike for about two years and hated the modulation, feel, spring tension, adjustment and the single pivot design. They never say tuned and cause problems throughout a ride. This isn't just due to my ham fisted ability but my regular lbs also have had a few goes at sorting them. New cables, cable length, various pads etc etc.

So, I'm looking for an alternative that will replace them. I was thinking trp or similar and around £200. The problem is i can't find any info about compatibility with sram red (new design but sadly not etap!). Id love a set of ee brakes but i can't stretch to them. There seems to be a lot of aftermarket brakes that work with shimano and mention a 2.5 lever ratio??

Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Shimano brakes, no problem with Sram brake levers

PS: Team Katusha use Shimano direct mount brakes in Canyon Aeroad with Sram eTap brake levers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boots2000

by boots2000

If I put a SRAM group on my bike I would use the older dual pivot types brakes.
Either Red or Force- way more powerful than the aerolink- and the dual pivots stay straight- the aerolink brakes tend to float off-center.

thebadgerboy1982

by thebadgerboy1982

Thanks for the responses. So the brake cable pull ratio between sram red and dura ace 900 should be ok for modulation etc?