Fulcrum

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

treetrees

by treetrees

Well my carbon clinchers have finally seen better days and it's time to replace them after all I got them of flea bay 3 years ago for £120 so they have done me proud . I am thinking of getting some fulcrum alloy clinchers either racing 3 or zeros . My question is this how much better is the zero and is it worth the price over a 3 and what problems are there with any of the 2 . Cheers guys

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ste_S

by Ste_S

If you want to run 25mm+ tyres, also consider the Racing 5 LG.
I wish Fulcrun would do a LG version of the 3 and zero

nemeseri

by nemeseri

treetrees wrote:Well my carbon clinchers have finally seen better days and it's time to replace them after all I got them of flea bay 3 years ago for £120 so they have done me proud . I am thinking of getting some fulcrum alloy clinchers either racing 3 or zeros . My question is this how much better is the zero and is it worth the price over a 3 and what problems are there with any of the 2 . Cheers guys

I'd highly recommend the Dura Ace WH-9000 C24 CLs instead. I had a pair of Fulcrum 3s and they were light (for the money), but harsh. Nothing special really. You can also read this comprehensive test featuring the fulcrum zeros and dura ace wheelsets: https://intheknowcycling.com/2014/09/02 ... escending/

Please note that later this year (early next year) Shimano will update its wheels with new hubs and probably slightly wider rims. But with the current UK pricing the WH-9000 C24 has amazing value!

jimborello

by jimborello

Campagnolo is coming out with wide alloy rims this year, maybe that will trickle down to Fulcrum as well, wide rims make a huge difference so maybe the wait is worth it

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Check the Fulcrum Racing Quattros with wider (24+ mm outside), U-shaped rims. Awesome wheels at their pricepoint.

BRM

by BRM

treetrees wrote:Well my carbon clinchers have finally seen better days and it's time to replace them after all I got them of flea bay 3 years ago for £120 so they have done me proud . I am thinking of getting some fulcrum alloy clinchers either racing 3 or zeros . My question is this how much better is the zero and is it worth the price over a 3 and what problems are there with any of the 2 . Cheers guys

Forums are written full with that discussion, Not hard to find I think. :wink:

Fullcrum 3/Campagnolo Zonda are the best value for the money overall wheels.

While you dont say where you want to use them for exactly, and things like your weight, recommendations can't be given.
Last edited by BRM on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

treetrees

by treetrees

Ok my weight is 82kg and they will be used primarily for club runs but may be used at other times . Although I am not brilliant at ascending I am pretty good at descending so will need to be strong. Thanks guys for replying .

nemeseri

by nemeseri

jimborello wrote:Campagnolo is coming out with wide alloy rims this year, maybe that will trickle down to Fulcrum as well, wide rims make a huge difference so maybe the wait is worth it

I beg to differ. My "narrow" dura ace wheels are just as (if not more) comfortable as my wide h+son archetype wheels with white industries T11 hubs. BUT I use both pairs with 23s.

I do agree that Fulcrum 3s have an outstanding value.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com