2017 Cannondale product releases

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tarmackev

by tarmackev

There's talk of a rigid lefty slate.
New Evo frame for the lower models.
Most of the changes are to the MTB range.
I work in a Cannondale dealers and the dealer shows are late July so things should start creeping out soon.
I'd be interested in a slate with s rigid lefty fork myself.
The current versions are too expensive for what they offer. Nearly £1000 more than the equivalent MTB with alloy frame and lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tarmackev

by tarmackev

lowside67 wrote:I am sure 2017 is too soon but I wonder if 2018 will be the year for a new Synapse Carbon/Hi-Mod? Hopefully to incorporate some items such as built in cadence/speed sensor a la Trek, direct mount brakes for rim frames, a little lighter yet...

Mark

New Synapse is already in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

Tarmacev, I agree the Slates are too expensive right now but they're not £1000 more with equivalent componentry, they are actually significantly higher specced than the alloy FSI lefty.

They've got a part carbon vs all alloy lefty, better brakes, better gearing overall, road hydro shifters are significantly more expensive than MTB equivalents - there's quite a lot going on.

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

Sacke wrote:The CX line has the SuperX that as far as I could see hasn't changed much. Probably getting 100x12 through axle, since the Supersix Evo Disc will have it.

Many more carbon models than this year though. Nicer colors too.

The Stephen Hyde pic with a prototype SuperX looked like there was more going on then just thruaxle.

Sacke

by Sacke

wheelzqc wrote:
Sacke wrote:The CX line has the SuperX that as far as I could see hasn't changed much. Probably getting 100x12 through axle, since the Supersix Evo Disc will have it.

Many more carbon models than this year though. Nicer colors too.

The Stephen Hyde pic with a prototype SuperX looked like there was more going on then just thruaxle.

Possible... I just saw the upcoming product pictures, but didn't pay much attention to the CX line, since I don't do CX at all.

stormur

by stormur

tarmackev wrote:
lowside67 wrote:I am sure 2017 is too soon but I wonder if 2018 will be the year for a new Synapse Carbon/Hi-Mod? Hopefully to incorporate some items such as built in cadence/speed sensor a la Trek, direct mount brakes for rim frames, a little lighter yet...

Mark

New Synapse is already in the works.

Source ?
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

stormur

by stormur

wingguy wrote:Tarmacev, I agree the Slates are too expensive right now but they're not £1000 more with equivalent componentry, they are actually significantly higher specced than the alloy FSI lefty.

They've got a part carbon vs all alloy lefty, better brakes, better gearing overall, road hydro shifters are significantly more expensive than MTB equivalents - there's quite a lot going on.

But still 3k€ for alu bike and 105... it's way to much. Everything except Lefty is.. cheap there !
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

pewe

by pewe

Any news, info or pictures about the Supersix Evo 2017 (non hi mod), I heard rumours about a brand new frame design for 2017? Also wondering how old the current Supersix Evo (non hi mod) frame is - what year was it released?

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

pewe wrote:Any news, info or pictures about the Supersix Evo 2017 (non hi mod), I heard rumours about a brand new frame design for 2017? Also wondering how old the current Supersix Evo (non hi mod) frame is - what year was it released?

If I remember correctly, first look was 2011...."model 2012"

Cannondale redesign their frames more or less every 4 years.
I doubt a new design is on the way unless they go "aero" which will be a different market to the Evo.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

wingguy

by wingguy

pewe wrote:Any news, info or pictures about the Supersix Evo 2017 (non hi mod), I heard rumours about a brand new frame design for 2017? Also wondering how old the current Supersix Evo (non hi mod) frame is - what year was it released?

At the moment the SM Evo is the old design and the HM is the new design. At some point the new frame design will trickle down into the SM versions, hopefully for 2017 but I haven't heard any confirmation.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Any more goss? Keen to see what colour schemes they have for 2017.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Tinea Pedis wrote:Any more goss? Keen to see what colour schemes they have for 2017.

There is a separate thread for the 2017 SuperSix with a few pics here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139383

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

New TT bike in the pipeline some time?
Current RS not being pushed sales wise and the Slice is no longer UCI legal.

Phil Gaimon of Cannondale tweeted this pic......
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqIH5qAUEAAa4Fg.jpg

New TT bike?

https://twitter.com/philgaimon/status/7 ... 0962154497

wingguy

by wingguy

Yep, there's going to be a 'SuperSlice'.

Not sure how much integration it will have (they don't want to make another mechanic's nightmare like the RS) but from wht I was told they've decided that customers do want something that looks like a superbike of the P5, TM01, Speedmax, Aerostorm etc. type mold and the current Slice just looked too conventional to compete at the top end of the market.

Apparently the first new 'Dale whose design was led by Damon Rinard from start to finish.

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

wingguy wrote:Yep, there's going to be a 'SuperSlice'.

Not sure how much integration it will have (they don't want to make another mechanic's nightmare like the RS) but from wht I was told they've decided that customers do want something that looks like a superbike of the P5, TM01, Speedmax, Aerostorm etc. type mold and the current Slice just looked too conventional to compete at the top end of the market.

Apparently the first new 'Dale whose design was led by Damon Rinard from start to finish.

Cool info, thank you Wingguy!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com