2017 Cannondale product releases

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Grill

by Grill

Yeah, I posted in the same thread and effectively said the same as Tom.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Multebear

by Multebear

Spinnekop wrote:Spy shot of the new Cannondale Slice as used at the Kona Ironman.

The spyshot is so spy, that the guy on the bike didn't even know about it, hence him not shaving....

nonamed

by nonamed

I am looking around for EVO HI-MOD framset from 2017 line.

Does Cannondale offers just framsets? Any stores in UK / DE ?

jeffy

by jeffy

in UK sigmasport is probably your best bet.

caddis

by caddis

Tinea Pedis wrote:I'll never forget reviewing the Slice RS for a mag and the mag mechanic begging me not to break a gear cable - as assembling the bike had nearly brought him to tears. Only bike he said has ever gotten him to that point :lol: truthfully eTap would be perfect for it. Fast rig, handled well. But working on it...

Very much now looking forward to Eurobike to see what drops.

I have an Slice RS and it is not so bad to service.. you just have to learn how to do it and take your time...

eTap is on a short list anyway :)

New bike looks promising, but do not really understand this disc brake hype that's going on now, BUT if it saves XX watts then it's a different story...

allenpg

by allenpg

Spinnekop wrote:Spy shot of the new Cannondale Slice as used at the Kona Ironman.

I love the look, but seems more like a standard TT bike (ignoring disc brakes) than the current trend in tri bikes. There is no integrated storage, etc. I imagine they might have bolts in on the top tube to affix storage like Cervelo does on the NP2/NP3. I've seen the wind tunnel data on ST, but am interested to see how the disc brake version compares to competitor's rim brake options.

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

When will this new frame be officially launched - I notice that the Slice is no longer listed on the Cannondale website
Is this the Rinard TT/aero masterpiece that we have been reading about
Is this frame UCI legal?
How does it stack up against other TT bikes/ frames (Cervelo, Canyon, BMC, Pinerello etc)

junchen

by junchen

I heard that in the UK they are not importing slice for 2017 but in the USA it is still biz as usual.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

caddis wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:I'll never forget reviewing the Slice RS for a mag and the mag mechanic begging me not to break a gear cable - as assembling the bike had nearly brought him to tears. Only bike he said has ever gotten him to that point :lol: truthfully eTap would be perfect for it. Fast rig, handled well. But working on it...

I have an Slice RS and it is not so bad to service.. you just have to learn how to do it and take your time...

Of course, this being the internet, I'd expect no less of a reply. Maybe you're in the wrong field ;)

Point is, ease of service is a real and tangible part of a decision process for some buying a bike. Terrific if you're in the 1% (like yourself) and straight out of Professor X's school for the gifted, so servicing isn't hard. Even a neurosurgeon would be able to say 'you just have to learn and take your time'. Fact remains it's hard. Harder than it should be. So it fell out of contention for myself when it came to TT rig choice.

Moving on.

This new Slice does interest me a lot. Keen to get my hands on it. And seems like they have a front end (stem) similar to the Fuji Norcom Straight (which I rate). Allows for ease of adjustment (and to travel with) yet is more integrated than bikes like my P2.

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Any more updates on Cannondales new Rinard designedTT frame?

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Hi Enda,

No official updates until the launch, sorry.

Actually I have to give credit to my predecessors for this one.
It takes much longer than a year and a bit to make a new frame.

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Tinea Pedis wrote:
caddis wrote:

Of course, this being the internet, I'd expect no less of a reply. Maybe you're in the wrong field ;)

Point is, ease of service is a real and tangible part of a decision process for some buying a bike. Terrific if you're in the 1% (like yourself) and straight out of Professor X's school for the gifted, so servicing isn't hard. Even a neurosurgeon would be able to say 'you just have to learn and take your time'. Fact remains it's hard. Harder than it should be. So it fell out of contention for myself when it came to TT rig choice.

Moving on.

This new Slice does interest me a lot. Keen to get my hands on it. And seems like they have a front end (stem) similar to the Fuji Norcom Straight (which I rate). Allows for ease of adjustment (and to travel with) yet is more integrated than bikes like my P2.

Servicing bikes is easy, it's just nuts and bolts. There's nothing complicated at all.
The cable routing can be a little time consuming, only because you need to thread the cable through a small hole, it's not complicated at all though.
If you take the BB and crank out it makes the job very easy.
It's all about having the correct tools. YouTube is incredibly helpful these days.

Cycle mechanics especially on a road bike is something that everyone can do. It only becomes difficult when you start trying to short cut jobs or use the wrong tools and wing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Damon,
Given your personal reply.... (provided it is actually you) I will put my faith in your experience, skill and pedigree and ignore the inevitable Slice close-out deals, spectaular wattage claims, sexy adverts and wait for thecofficial launch of your next masterpiece. Thank you

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Hi Enda,

No need to wait. At launch, consider the data, consider the bike as a whole and make your decision then. :-)

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EightySixer

by EightySixer

stormur wrote:
tarmackev wrote:
lowside67 wrote:I am sure 2017 is too soon but I wonder if 2018 will be the year for a new Synapse Carbon/Hi-Mod? Hopefully to incorporate some items such as built in cadence/speed sensor a la Trek, direct mount brakes for rim frames, a little lighter yet...

Mark

New Synapse is already in the works.

Source ?

I saw it in real life. Painted a single gloss color, obviously a Synapse as it retained the same seat tube split at the BB junction and had Save stays.

I have googled and googled and have not seen even a photo nor heard anyone talking, and out of respect for the gal I was riding with last weekend I didn't snap any photos-
Cannondale has a new Save "integrated"-ish aero road bar in the works.

I said, hey what the hell is that?!

She replied, "You can look but I cannot talk about it," with a big old smile might have you.

We got to chatting about it and we were riding 15mph in gravel so I couldn't get a total look, but it was really rad. Carbon stem that started skinny at the steer and flared outwards to the bar, then what had me interested was how the bar was mounted. The bars sat on top of the stem a la some tri bike setups and had a slit horizontally in the middle where it was affixed somehow.

Camo decals on it etc, but I had a heavy suspicion that was confirmed by a pro racer friend of mine who's a long time employee of a Cannondale shop that it is in fact C'Dales new Save bar.