Powermeter for SiSL2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Why nobody mentioned quarq? You can get the PM for $999 and add praxis rings. Do you guys have bad experience with it or it's just more expensive than p2m?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

I have a Quarq Riken as well. It has been good, but I went with a P2Max on my EVO because it was cheaper (and they gave the praxis rings) plus it's hard to find a bad review/word about the p2max. It has been so far set and forget.

hanzo111

by hanzo111

[quote="gfeldy"]I've been running a Stages for about 2 years. It works really well and their customer support is amazing.

+1 Same setup I have
:D

VTBike

by VTBike

Good to hear on above. I'm not sure why everyone started out so down on stages. It seems like all the real world testing and data (dc rainmaker for example) points to the stages being just about as accurate as all the others. Unless you're making your living by riding your bike and need dead on accuracy, I don't see why stages wouldn't be an option. It's by far the best looking and least obtrusive option of anything out there. And it eliminates the need for a cadence sensor magnet/rubber band if you use a garmin.

For my liking, as long as the thing is within 2-3% of accurate, i'd take the better aesthetics any day. WHen it comes to the SiSL spidering combo, all other chainrings pail in comparison aesthetically. The setup looks amazing.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

All power meters eliminate the need for a cadence sensor, magnet/rubber band.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

VTBike

by VTBike

But the Stages does it better.
Just kidding. Great to know - thanks!

LeDuke

by LeDuke

topflightpro wrote:I picked up a used SRM for my Hollowgrams last year for $550. Came with Force 11-speed chainrings too.

I picked up a wired SRM and PC-V for $400 on eBay last year. Force 11 speed rings as well.

As I'm primarily a MTB guy, I was very pleased with that deal, despite not being the latest and greatest.

I also have a Stages Hollowgram crankarm that I use primarily on my MTB. For kicks, I put both on my road bike at the same time, just to compare the values for various durations and intensities, and to see if my legs were more or less the same strength. My right leg is very, very slightly stronger than my left leg, as my average power for a wide variety of durations was slightly higher with the SRM than the Stages.

VTBike

by VTBike

Le Duke - this is something i think about as well. There's no question that my right leg is stronger than my left. I just don't know how much and what it means. If you don't mind being completely honest - how many actual watts are we talking about when you say "average power was slightly higher"..?

nemeseri

by nemeseri

VTBike wrote:Le Duke - this is something i think about as well. There's no question that my right leg is stronger than my left. I just don't know how much and what it means. If you don't mind being completely honest - how many actual watts are we talking about when you say "average power was slightly higher"..?

Based on the basic analysis I did on my workouts the problem is much more complicated than one would expect. For me the balance between my legs drift based on the power I produce. The more stress I'm in, the more imbalance I have between my legs. During low intensity intervals my legs produce almost the same power. If I'm going for a PR on a steep climb, accelerate, the imbalance can be as much as 5-10%.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Just as an update on this. I'm now seriously considering sending off the left arm of my Sisl2 for a 4iiii install. Seems pretty attractive on the weight and price front.

Anyone aware of the turnaround time for Europe?

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

Mep

by Mep

MikeyBE wrote:Just as an update on this. I'm now seriously considering sending off the left arm of my Sisl2 for a 4iiii install. Seems pretty attractive on the weight and price front.

Anyone aware of the turnaround time for Europe?

Keep us posted on how that goes! Quoting Karel from 4iiii: "Shipping to and from Europe doesn’t take that long, 2-3 days in either direction. It usually takes 3 business days to install the power meter."

uraqt

by uraqt

Stages said they couldn't get the finish off the Sisl2 arms with out damaging the arm .. also I would be 100% sure that you have the space between the crank arm and the frame .. there isn't any room on many of the modern frame..

C

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

It's a 2015 EVO HM. I'll check the frame next week (its back in the UK atm), and also drop 4iiii an email.

Interested in hearing more about the durability of these units though. My brother's stages rival kept destroying batteries and eventually died in less than six months. He got a new arm under warranty though :)