Colnago C59 vs C60

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

OldRider wrote:I own both a C59 and a C60. Both are eqipped with identical wheels, saddle, stem, handlebar and Campy Record mechanical 11 speeds.

There is a difference in ride quality though it is very hard to quantify.

I bought the C60 because: 1. I got a great price and 2. I turned 60 this year and I wanted to treat myself.

Were it not for 1 and 2 above, I would have stayed with the C59 and been a very happy camper.

Curiously which one of the 2 do you prefer?

Also I am able to confirm unfortunately the bike was entirely a fake :(. Trust me if a deal is too good to be true, it's too good to be true ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OldRider

by OldRider

CanadianBiker wrote:
OldRider wrote:I own both a C59 and a C60. Both are eqipped with identical wheels, saddle, stem, handlebar and Campy Record mechanical 11 speeds.

There is a difference in ride quality though it is very hard to quantify.

I bought the C60 because: 1. I got a great price and 2. I turned 60 this year and I wanted to treat myself.

Were it not for 1 and 2 above, I would have stayed with the C59 and been a very happy camper.

Curiously which one of the 2 do you prefer?

Also I am able to confirm unfortunately the bike was entirely a fake :(. Trust me if a deal is too good to be true, it's too good to be true ...

I prefer the C60, but like I wrote, it is a "feeling" that it is hard to quantify. I think that if I was riding blindfolded, I could tell the difference, but not by a large margin. The C60 feels "smoother."

To be completely honest, however, I am an old-er rider, have six coronary stents, have diabetes and asthma; I am short and stout, like a tea pot. Both the C59 and the C60 are far better bikes than I am a rider. Both bikes are great but they far exceed my capacities as a rider.

Having stated that, if you can get a good deal on an authentic C59, go for it. You won't regret it.
2016 Colnago C60 MHWH - Campy record 11sp mech.

2012 Colnago C59 PR99 - Campy record 11sp mech.

2012 Bianchi Infinito Celeste/White - Campy Record 11sp mech.

1989 Bottecchia Columbus SLX Red/White/chrome - Campy Athena 11sp mech.

gravity

by gravity

Definitely fake frame as well. I dont think the rear brake cable is routed that way. The cable routing should give a clean straight top tube line.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

c59 is a really bicycle frame wheels