NeilPryde Nazare for larger rider?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

Have a chance to grab an almost new, 2015 Nazare, and wanted some opinions on it.

I'm a larger guy, (220 lbs. or 100 kg) and am currently on a 2012 BMC SL01. Pretty much a great all around bike, but it's getting old, and it's time to move on to something better. Would this be an upgrade for me? I'm obviously not much of a climber, and I'm far from aerodynamic!

Previously had a BH G5, and it was all too stiff for my old body. After 50 miles or so, I was too beat up on it. Bike was extremely fast, but all together too unforgiving.

So, would it be better than the BMC climbing, and would it ride better than the BH? Or, should I be looking at something else? Addict, Foil, CAAD 10?

stormur

by stormur

I had Nazare, and rode it weithing 98-100kg :) . No issues. Extremely nice frame. Very well build, light ( as aero) - if memory serves well it was few grams below 1 kg. Frame accept 25mm tires front & rear easy.

I had it after BMC GF01, so impression was it was not as comfy, but not harsh either. I did few times 130-150km without exceptional fatigue in bones nor muscles. I would say about same level as my BH Quartz, so ... bike build for comfort.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com