Thoughts on S-works Crankset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Stiffness is marginal when it comes to crank arms. It's all about the chainrings. You can easily have the best of both worlds. Run native BB30 crankset with Shimano chainrings. Sometime in 2009 Shimano introduced proprietary chainrings design that will only fit Shimano cranksets. All you have to do is find Shimano 6650 chainrings, which will install on any BB30 crankset. Just google "Shimano Ultegra FC-6650" or pick up Praxis chainrings (~10 grams less) they are forged and just as stiff as Shimano http://www.praxiscycles.com/road-cyclocross
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

It seems that the new 2017 design is only available in 170, 172.5 and 175 ( so far anyway ).

A shame, as I would like to buy a set in 167.5 (down from my current 170), but cannot, so will have to look at 2nd hand sets, which are hard to find in shorter sizes.

Clean39T

by Clean39T

I stumbled on the Specialized online Black Friday clearance today - two different S-Works cranksets on there at great prices if the length works for you..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk