SRAM eTap vs Campag Super Record

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Skunkworks

by Skunkworks

jekyll man wrote:
I'm sensing a pattern here :noidea:

LOL
If I have to use sram eTap, I will change my brake set from sram's to shimano DA.
Brakes will go to flea market

XCProMD

by XCProMD

DWatkinsBSB wrote:Colnago, gotta be campy. If it were anything else, I'd say eTap.

This I disagree with. Colnago was among the first Italian builders to give a try to Asian componentry.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cafegeek

by cafegeek

For performance, you should choose etap.
If you have etap, you can escape forever from shifting trouble.
In aspect of design, etap is very cool(simple shape and colors).

beanbiken

by beanbiken

cafegeek wrote:If you have etap, you can escape forever from shifting trouble.

Personally I believe it's way to early for a statement like this.
BB

Coffee & carbon

Liggero

by Liggero

ultegra mechanical. more than that is not necessary and we all know it.
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

sram is a joke, etap first users are already commenting issues with the front der touching cranksets, also needs two hands to change a ring, and can not change front and rear at the same time, first front, than rear. PATHETIC.
Happy Trails !!!

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

Liggero wrote:first users are already commenting issues with the front der touching cranksets

Not on my bike.

Liggero wrote:also needs two hands to change a ring

Not if you add a Blip buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD-ad-CHcrg

Liggero wrote:can not change front and rear at the same time, first front, than rear.

Odd, i can do it by touching both and letting go of the the opposite one you want the rear to move.

H@TERS gotta H@TE.

Liggero

by Liggero

oh, really nice "trick", but it's a trick. And still, you can't change cog and ring at the same time; first one thing, then the other. So you end up expending a load of money, for a wireless electronic, but you can't change cogs and rings at the same time, what a piece of...

haters gonna hate, and owners gonna deny the utterly obvious.
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

btw, you would put the blips there and not in the top of the bar? what solution is worse?

face it: they can't use shimano patents, and they did not made a better solution, they made a worse one. SRAM puts their money in marketing, not in innovation. Wireless is great though, and integrated battery too. If it works ;-)
Happy Trails !!!

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

Guess there's no changing your mind.

Have you ridden eTap? If not then you're talking out your....

I've ridden Di2 and was not impressed. That's why i didn't get it when I built my bike.

"not innovation"???? Shimano just converted mechanical shifting to electric switches, Sram thought out of the box and did what auto makers did with paddle shifters. Left is downshift and right is upshift.

Your H@TE makes you weak.

Liggero

by Liggero

I´ve tested etap last october in a bike fest. I was not susprised by it, it was as absurd as I expected from SRAM. I love the wireless idea, and the integrated battery, don't get me wrong, but the ergonomics are a no no, not to mention the expected problems from any sram new groupset. Each new groupset, problems arrive faster. Now they beated themselves with the issues with the hidro brakes. In your case you are biased, even if you eat a cow shit, if it has a SRAM logo you will say it's great. I wonder though when will they anounce the recall for the problems of scratched crankarms everybody already experienced and knows about, you included, as it is already mentioned in the etap thread. In Spain happens to 90% of the guys who already installed it.

I bet you work at SRAM, that might explain your biased hipocresy. I bet you like Avid hidro brakes more than shimano, right?
Happy Trails !!!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

@Liggero, Please keep things civil around here. you don't have to say that someone can eat.... and still say it is great, just because of a logo.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

Liggero wrote:even if you eat a cow shit,

Moo

Liggero wrote:Now they beated themselves with the issues with the hidro brakes.

I don't have hydro brakes.

Liggero wrote:if it has a SRAM logo you will say it's great.
I had Rival before and was not that pleased with the amount of effort needed to change the chainring.

Liggero wrote:I wonder though when will they anounce the recall for the problems of scratched crankarms everybody already experienced and knows about, you included, as it is already mentioned in the etap thread.

Odd, i've not had any problem with a scratched crankarm. I'm running a 2015 Red 22 crank, I added eTap using the mini-groupset.

Liggero wrote:I bet you work at SRAM, that might explain your biased hipocresy.

Sorry but i don't work for Sram, i'm a mainframe systems programmer. I just prefer Sram over Shimano when it comes to road bikes.

H@TERS gotta H@TE.

[sarcasm]Thank you for providing a valuable public service and warning everyone about the pitfalls of using any Sram products. Your unbiased views are much appreciated. [/sarcasm]

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

Junyi wrote:etap is very fast shifting....

Not as fast as Di2, but fast enough for me.

I'm sure there will be "hacks" to the software and you'll be able to tweak some settings in the future.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

I ride 2014 SR mechanical on my Pinarello Dogma and am very pleased with it. I also recently purchased a Focus Mares CX with SRAM Rival/Force mechanical. I personally would choose SR mechanical over eTap on a Colnago C60.
1. I like the idea of an all Italian build (Colnago/Campagnolo).
2. I would not want to be an early adopter of the newer eTap technology.
3. No need to recharge your battery occasionally/infrequently to use your bike.
These are just my opinions. Others may suggest to stay away from both SRAM and Campagnolo. Bottom line is get what you want after you have researched it thoroughly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.