SRAM eTap vs Campag Super Record

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

Your bike will be faster if you had an all black saddle.

moonoi

by moonoi

Seedster wrote:Campagnolo super record mechanical would have been beautiful.

The black SRAM red looks good too.

Have you considered getting an all black saddle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did, but as explained in the original thread, this one came at a nice bargain price, and as it spends most of the time under my butt, the small red details aren't an issue, it looks a lot better in person than in the pictures.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

Got it!

Beautiful bike and enjoy it in good health

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

I've got to be honest I think the bike looks stunning. I am currently in the process of ordering a C60. I'm opting for the red colour. Like most people here I am also working through the decision of Campag SR vs eTap. I love the idea of no cables. I think il probably go eTap but I really hope a software upgrade comes out to deal with some of the shifting speeds. Though in all fairness the system seems to have works for certain pros and I wonder how many of us would actually notice the real world performance difference of slightly quicker shifting.

moonoi

by moonoi

I have UDi2 on my Tarmac SL4, and frankly I can't tell any difference between the 2 in shifting speeds. I prefer the feeling from eTap, Di2 is too mushy and sometimes I'm unsure if I've shifted or not.

The only drawback is that I have to charge the etap batteries every month, whereas it's very 2 months for Di2. That and remembering to remove the batteries before traveling so the system doesn't wake up and drain the batteries before you get to your destination. Minor irritants really, but still a tad annoying.

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

I've had Both Di2s on different bikes and I have had SR and Athena carbon 11. I didn't keep the SR for long enough to really have opinion on it though as I got DA Di2. Have you had any issues with the eTap. In my head I'm think electric, low if any maintenance but then I do keep having the stereotypical Italian bike Italian groupset syndrome lol

DJT21

by DJT21

samuelcfadams1986 wrote:I've got to be honest I think the bike looks stunning. I am currently in the process of ordering a C60. I'm opting for the red colour. Like most people here I am also working through the decision of Campag SR vs eTap. I love the idea of no cables. I think il probably go eTap but I really hope a software upgrade comes out to deal with some of the shifting speeds. Though in all fairness the system seems to have works for certain pros and I wonder how many of us would actually notice the real world performance difference of slightly quicker shifting.

You do have cables, to your brakes. The mechs look *f##k* stupid (as does the lack of some cables but not others). And lets be honest, if you buy a Colnago I assume you're interested in a nice looking bike. Hence I'd go Record 11 (SR gets you minimal benefits for alot of extra cash).

Functionally, electronic groupsets are great. But then so is Campagnolo Record mechanical.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

^^ Campy tragic much? And the "lack of some cable but not other's" argument is lost in the face of most people attempting to hide their Di2/EPS wiring and junctions through shrink wrapping and creative mounting.
You do realize some of us like the aesthetics of E-Tap and add to that some of us have little desire to adapt to thumb shifting.
Using Tapatalk

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

To be honest if your going to spend 1100 pounds on record you may as well spend a tad more a buy SR or have SR with a different rear cassette. The benefits of electric are more than a look. It's functionality with less maintenance. I guess Camp SR is like having a classic sports car, it looks stunning, turns heads but needs constant attention and love to keep it running smoothly and woe be tide your cash flow if something needs replacing lol

moonoi

by moonoi

samuelcfadams1986 wrote:I've had Both Di2s on different bikes and I have had SR and Athena carbon 11. I didn't keep the SR for long enough to really have opinion on it though as I got DA Di2. Have you had any issues with the eTap. In my head I'm think electric, low if any maintenance but then I do keep having the stereotypical Italian bike Italian groupset syndrome lol

The only issue I've had is the Quarq power meter started giving odd power readings, so had to send it to the US for repair. No issues at all with the eTap itself though.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

samuelcfadams1986 wrote:I guess Camp SR is like having a classic sports car, it looks stunning, turns heads but needs constant attention and love to keep it running smoothly and woe be tide your cash flow if something needs replacing lol

Mine doesn't. If set up properly it needs no more adjustment than any other mechanical groupset. Maybe the odd tweak when changing cassettes, but that's it.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

samuelcfadams1986 wrote:I've had Both Di2s on different bikes and I have had SR and Athena carbon 11. I didn't keep the SR for long enough to really have opinion on it though as I got DA Di2. Have you had any issues with the eTap. In my head I'm think electric, low if any maintenance but then I do keep having the stereotypical Italian bike Italian groupset syndrome lol

You need to start paying a professional to look after your bikes dude.. Set up properly SR is no hassle no dramas.. Thing is your average shop has no idea what they are doing with it though...

dmp

by dmp

samuelcfadams1986 wrote:...I guess Camp SR is like having a classic sports car, it looks stunning, turns heads but needs constant attention and love to keep it running smoothly and woe be tide your cash flow if something needs replacing lol

My SR setup requires very little adjustment and only the usual maintenance of cleaning to keep it running perfectly. And by the way, the same is true for my 1995 993- I bought it used 3 years ago, and aside from yearly oil changes I've needed to do very little to keep it running like new. Not all truisms are true!

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

Guys do not get my wrong I love campag. I had Athena carbon on my Lynskey winter bike along with shamal ultra black wheels and loved it. I also had (15) SR and loved the feel as well. Soooo I'm fully onboard with campag for the C60 I'm just a little enticed again by the idea of electric

moonoi

by moonoi

Just do it, you won't regret it, I certainly haven't

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com