3T bars - Original or not

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

jekyll man wrote:From memory **i think** the decals are read facing you, not away from you when on the bike.

No, they face away from the rider.

Hey guys, LOOK! It's 3T's OWN SITE with their OWN bars!
http://www.3tcycling.com/road/en/bike-c ... m-stealth/

:roll:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

When you've quite finished been an internet knowall Alex, it's why i posted the **i think**
insert facepalm type emoticon here ;-)

As i'm at work i cannot confirm either way, but you **may** just be proved wrong (or i could)

Either way the finish on mine is a hell of a lot better than on these pics
Official cafe stop tester

nohands

by nohands

is that serial number a sticker? I have an ergonova and the serial number is (laser?) etched into the bar itself on the bottom side of the tops (where your thumb would be placed when riding on the tops). mine are farily new though.

DuncanS2

by DuncanS2

DWatkinsBSB wrote:Flaky finish? Don't know. Will post better pictures tonight. Not familiar with how well can the internal cabling bits be.

I was referring to the shoulder at the top of the photo, on the trailing edge of the aero section. Looks like a divot/indentation/hole. Mine are perfectly finished there.

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

Sorry, DuncanS2. Made it home late last night and this slipped my mind.

I think that "mark" on the picture is more the carbon layup than anything else. Don't remember, will get a picture of it up tonight.

The serial number on the Aeronova is just a sticker in the tube, nothing laser etched.

Had a look at my Ergonova which game with a bike and didn't find anything laser etched. Could it be something recent 3T is doing to try and fight this?

DeeAich

by DeeAich

I picked up a set of Ergosum Team Stealth Compact bars from Chain Reaction in November. The finishing is rough on the ends of both drops and the 3T logo is considerably crooked. I've just chalked it up to poor quality control by 3T.