Sidi wire air Vs Fizik R1B Vs Rapha GT

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

stormp wrote:Just bought a new pair of sidi wires, I had them 3 years ago, since then I've tried bont vaypor S, giro prolight SLX II, and giro empire. None of them is near the same quality, same feel. Besides the sidi's have a perfect fit, for me at least.

Would go for sidi!

I'm aware that sidi would most certainly be a better overall choice, more performance orientated and better lasting, but.....

Will try Rapha, and eventually switch in case they're not that good and don't live up to the hype :-)

Poonjabby

by Poonjabby

Sidi!!!!

Poon
Poonjabby Rides a Bike on Facebook

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

I ended up going for Rapha GT, and now that I've received them I fail to see to big appeal they once provided me.
Even the box and packaging looks cheap compared to many videos posted a couple of years ago on youtube.

Sidi would have been a better overall choice, most likely will send the rapha back.

Cheers!

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

A year ago I chose rapha instead of sidi or fizik, and although happy with them I'm now looking for news shoes...
Looking for something different then rapha, more performance orientated.
Was going for s-Phyre, but now looking at the limited edition (all black) version of sidi shots.

Any feedback and help on sizing and "long term" review would be appreciated, as being a rather rare shoe where I live in, I would have to order it, and can't try first.

Many thanks !

trimenc

by trimenc

I bought a pair of Fizik shoes after owning my Sidi Wire Carbon in white for about 3 years and was becoming bored with them. I thought that the Fizik would be better because they were a bit more rare to see around here and I wanted to try the sexy black look. I now never wear the Fizik shoes and my Sidi Wire's get all the attention, still....going on 4+ years and still white as snow.

angrylegs

by angrylegs

I've been on Sidi forever. Just can't beat the fit. I've found nothing so far that has matched. I'd like to try Gaerne next, but I currently have a pair of white Sidi Wires (couple years old). Nothing has yellowed yet, but mine are red on the back half. What can yellow a little is the heel piece. In my case it'll likely be the Sidi text that's white on the back heel. Wore my other pair for 10 years. Sidis last forever. My other pair didn't wear out - I just wanted a lighter, newer pair in a different color.

markyboy

by markyboy

I have both the r1b and the sidi, for me both lovely shoes,the sidi is a tad more comfy for me as its a wide fit but not much in it.
R1b is a nice soft leather but sidi seems more plasticky.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

If I went with the sidis, probably wouldn't be searching now for new shoes....
I do like the Rapha GT, but the sidi itch has never faded away :-)
And with the all back sidi shot "limited edition", I'm now considering pulling the trigger on them.
Bont of lake would also be an interesting option, but sidi now is the way for me.
Size wise are they coherent across the range?
I own middle range MTb shoes from sidi, size should be the same?