recommendation for light road handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rohaimie

by rohaimie

hi guys,any recommendation for light handlebar? currently using Icon 42cm.abit heavy though. :(
italian bikes rules!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JTC

by JTC

I have been using Easton EC90's for years with no problems and have never heard of anyone else having any problems.

Superlite

by Superlite

As long as your not a huge sprinter the kestrel EMS Pro SL is the lightest productin bar. Mine's 168g for a 40cm, also has normal bend unlike the Easton, incase you don't like it.

rohaimie

by rohaimie

JTC wrote:I have been using Easton EC90's for years with no problems and have never heard of anyone else having any problems.

hi jtc,how much did u get the EC90 for and where thanks.newbie here.! :)
italian bikes rules!

gholl

by gholl

Can you also recommend an appropriate stem for these carbon bars?

bobalou

by bobalou

rohaimie wrote:hi guys,any recommendation for light handlebar? currently using Icon 42cm.abit heavy though. :(

I use the EC90 for one bike. No complaints, but doesn't take aero bars. Paid $90 on eBay.

If you'd like a strong and light aluminum bar, I use a 3TTT Prima 199 on my training bike. Cheap, (around $40) light (200g) and no flex .

JTC

by JTC

Yeah, thats the down side with carbon bars. Some manufacturers say that you can use them on there carbon bars, but I would stay away from that. I have a ITM alu bar for the clip on's. Here in the US EC 90's are going to run you about $180 regardless of where you get them. I havn't really seen any deals on them anywhere. You can go to www.roadbikereview.com and go to the Deals discussion forum and see if anyone has posted the lates Nashbar Coupon (%10 or %15 off) and get them from there. As far as Stems I have been using a Pinarello carbon stem on mine (not sure who really makes it). I will be using a Syntace F99 w/ EC 90's on the new bike.

Joel

by Joel

You can also take a look at Schmolke/Tune bars.

rohaimie

by rohaimie

are they any disadvantage using carbon stem and hadlebar? Got myself a taiwan made carbon bar recently.Riding buddies keep insisting me to get carbon stem to match with it..not sure if they have 80mm carbon stem :oops: :oops:
italian bikes rules!

MantraPro

by MantraPro

Ovalconcepts R950 carbon bar, 180 gr.
http://www.ovalconcepts.com/

spytech

by spytech

if you have the cash go with Schmolke. http://www.schmolke-carbon-titan.de/car ... _c_uk.html

seems they can pass rigorous test and be very very light - they are a winner :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com