Vittoria Rubino Pro SPEED Graphene Clincher: Thoughts?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wookski

by Wookski

I have been running Veloflex masters exclusively for the past 18 months and am looking for a change. The Rubino Pro Speed's are the first of the Vittoria G+ range to spark my interest. With claimed weights of 180g for the 23mm and "some" puncture protection I am curious to hear the thoughts from those who have ridden them. What do you like, dislike, ride quality and durability vs. other similar choices?

Wookski

by Wookski

No feedback? Oh well, I just picked up 6 of these and will post a review in the coming weeks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

benzebub

by benzebub

@Wookski: have you tried them? how are they?
But I could be wrong

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Just seen this thread. I've heard they are fast. How is durability?

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

gftcd

by gftcd

I don't quite understand the Pro SPEED in the Rubino range - other than cost why wouldn't you go for the Corsa? Vittoria show the Corsa is the most puncture resistant tyre they make at 10/10.

So is the Rubino SPEED just a cheaper alternative?

LouisN

by LouisN

I'm wondering the same thing...

I bought many Rubino pro III as cheap tires for kid's wheels.
They've been ok, but not impressing by any means, and didn't last very long...

Post your impresssions once you try them Wooksi, and post some pictures of the tires, out of the box, and mounted :) .

Louis :)

Marin

by Marin

There are test where the Rubino beats the Corsa in rolling resistance.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Everything you need to know http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com ... speed-2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

prebsy

by prebsy

yeah BRR is the best. It's certainly a fast tire but it can't be justified given it's puncture resistance results. Buying a tire for pure speed with minimal rubber and terrible puncture resistance (worse than the conti TT) is not for those wiht shallow pockets so I agree with others that introducing this at the rubino level makes no sense.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I have em and whiles it's early days they aver really bloody fast. Feel a whole lot better than the gp4000s if you want an also em thicker tire the new graphene rubino pros are my pic.
The corsa's have a ton of grip and feel amazing but. They are a high end hand made so don't expect amazing things in the puncher protection department.. Hardest thing with the new graphenes is actually getting a hold of them... Vittoria has under underestimated the demand on a massive level

btothec

by btothec

I've been using them for the last couple weeks. Can't say that I'm that impressed with them. Using the 23mm version which measures very narrow on a wide rim. They did come in spot on with claimed weight v actual weight.

Can't say that they feel fast on the road and they don't feel as smooth as the Michelin Power Competition tyers I had on before. No issues so far with punctures. So that is a bonus.

totalcompactroad

by totalcompactroad

They are lighter than the corsa's but not an open tubular, so won't as plush ride and probably not as grippy as the corsa's

Wookski

by Wookski

Horrible tyres, although fast they have limited grip and the nylon construction is akin to garden hose. Plus this concept of "open tubular" is marketing BS for a higher thread count/ cotton construction. They're either tubs or clinchers!

JScycle

by JScycle

I had a set about a year ago. They only lasted me 3000-3500km so wasn't great. I have moved to the ContiGP4000SII and they last much longer.
If I get a pair of race wheels ($$$) I will definitely try the Corsa G+ or Corsa Speed G+.
Overall good tyres just not very durable

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Wookski wrote:Horrible tyres, although fast they have limited grip and the nylon construction is akin to garden hose. Plus this concept of "open tubular" is marketing BS for a higher thread count/ cotton construction. They're either tubs or clinchers!

"Open Tubular" is not marketing BS. You should try Veloflex Master 25mm http://www.veloflex.it/products/open_tu ... n#Master25
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder