Pretty Happy with Enve custom service right now

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sd5500

by sd5500

I bought a brand new set of 4.5s in December, but was a little bummed to see the Gen 2 come out and my wheels come down in price. I decided I'd shoot Enve an email to see if an upgrade was possible, and to my delight, they are upgrading my wheels to the new rims at no charge. For the cost of shipping back to them, I'd say that is a pretty good deal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Great customer service. It sure makes potential buyers feel good about buying from them.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

stormur

by stormur

and OP is absolutely not -by any mean- financially connected with ENVE. No way !

:mrgreen:
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

sd5500

by sd5500

stormur wrote:and OP is absolutely not -by any mean- financially connected with ENVE. No way !

:mrgreen:

:lol:

53x12

by 53x12

OP, I want to say I am surprised that they would do this. But it is Enve and they are a top notch group. Very happy that things worked out for you. Still pretty cool they would go out of their way to do that for you. Well done Enve! Not many companies would do that.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

sd5500

by sd5500

53x12 wrote:OP, I want to say I am surprised that they would do this. But it is Enve and they are a top notch group. Very happy that things worked out for you. Still pretty cool they would go out of their way to do that for you. Well done Enve! Not many companies would do that.

Truth be told, they did initially want to go the way of a $400 fee. I explained to them that the wheels have never been used, and that I have yet to mount tires or a cassette. I asked if there was flexibility on the fee, and they came with no charge. I was pretty surprised.

sethjs

by sethjs

That is pretty mind blowing.

superdx

by superdx

sd5500 wrote:
53x12 wrote:OP, I want to say I am surprised that they would do this. But it is Enve and they are a top notch group. Very happy that things worked out for you. Still pretty cool they would go out of their way to do that for you. Well done Enve! Not many companies would do that.

Truth be told, they did initially want to go the way of a $400 fee. I explained to them that the wheels have never been used, and that I have yet to mount tires or a cassette. I asked if there was flexibility on the fee, and they came with no charge. I was pretty surprised.

That makes a bit more sense, surprised you never used them since December! Just sitting in a box? What a waste!

Rippin

by Rippin

Maybe the OP lives in an area that has a cold winter with snow? If that was the case I wouldn't ride them either until spring. ;)
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Wow...that is customer service...and a little complaining can get you a long way. See how easy it is for a company to gain customer service and buyers by making 1 guy happy that will post on the internet and hundreds/thousands will see?

I say the same thing about Quarq...their customer service is numero uno.

Boyd Cycling is right up there as well. Can't say that for some vendors/sponsors even on this forum though...don't PM me...good luck with that yourself...live/learn.

nycebo

by nycebo

ENVE FTW

sd5500

by sd5500

superdx wrote:
sd5500 wrote:

That makes a bit more sense, surprised you never used them since December! Just sitting in a box? What a waste!

I live in western NY where the roads are heavily salted, so no way these are seeing pavement until spring showers have washed that away. Besides, these are race day wheels.

superdx

by superdx

I'd be itching to ride them every day :)

People in my area ride 3.4s 3-5 times a week, rain or dry. They hold up perfectly, look brand new after a simple washing.

Rippin

by Rippin

@superdx, where do you live?
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

sd5500

by sd5500

Trust me, I'm dying to get out there with them. I just sent them to Enve yesterday. I have a set of 26mm specialized turbo cottons ready to mount also.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com