Colnago C60 Traditional vs Slooping vs Pinarello Dogma F8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Your camelback bottles won't even fit in a Campagnolo cage, at least not the 80th Anniversary ones, and I would imagine their others to be the same. I'm standing by my recommendation... Arundel Dave-O's. Others will work too. But it's your call, it's your bike.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

3Pio

by 3Pio

Calnago wrote:Your camelback bottles won't even fit in a Campagnolo cage, at least not the 80th Anniversary ones, and I would imagine their others to be the same. I'm standing by my recommendation... Arundel Dave-O's. Others will work too. But it's your call, it's your bike.

Problem with Arundel are that i cant find them on sites where i ussually order (Germany or UK), and since im allready in process of ordering there, i'll just use the same shipping cost. And it's a bit more complicated to order from USA (waiting like 20 days at least, or expensive shipiment). That's why im seeing what this mail orders have on stock, becouse i want to close my order tommorow latest

Asmith

by Asmith

I have a colnago cage. Very good with the colnago bottle. Only problem after 2 years of hard use is the paint rubs off. Other than that it has kept the bottle very secure.

scb

by scb

3Pio wrote:
scb wrote:3Pio--wow that red Art Decor looks way better in your quality pictures compared to others I've seen. I'm trying to decide on C60 color myself and am thinking about doing classic art decor in AD10 or AD4 through the custom program. Waiting to hear whether that's possible. I'm reasonably optimistic since they are still offered on the Master.

In the moment of buying they offer me from stock choice of three colours, two from Racing colours and this Red ArtDecor. But i realized that Colnago C60 should be in ArtDecor and not some of other more generic colours (and similar to every other bike).

My friend bought ArtDecor White (2015 version), and is wonderfull.As first i wanted that colour becouse i was afraid of too much attention on this MHRD, but in live it's totaly different.It's pearl and wonderfull. Also i thought that 2015 ArtDecor is better then 2016, but in Live is different (i had a chance to see Red Art Decor from 2015 compared to mine when i was buying).. Go for ArtDecor 2016 u wont regret.

I made two pics on today ride

Calnago wrote:Well done @3Pio, glad you took some time to think about your sizing etc. Good pics and writeup too. Re the waterbottle cages, I'd forget about the options your looking at and go straight to Arundel Dave-O cages. They come in several finishes but mostly they will hold your Camelbak bottles very well. A lot of people have the mandibles and I used to as wellX but I found the thin arms can actually slightly crush the Camelbak bottles. The Dave-O's have the same holding power but the wider arms spread that force a little more so the bottles don't get crushed and they slide in and out easier. Enjoy your new bike! It's a beauty.

Calnago thanks for kind words. I find out at the end that enjoyment wont be good if it doesnt fit me well. And i find out that is cheaper to do the professional fititng, than to buy few different stems, handlebars and every ride to readjust my self :). Also test ride help me realizing how good is C60 in real. Thanks for advice about bottle cages. Somehow i realized that i'll like to put Colnago cages as well, so do u have any experience how good they are?

Thanks

Pictures and most importantly the bike are awesome--where did you take the pics?

I've been back and forth on colors for awhile. For stock 2017 I was thinking PLBK (black/carbon black Italia/racing), but if my classic Art decor colors aren't doable in the custom program, after seeing your's I'm thinking I should choose one of the Art Decor stock colors (white, red or blue)--very difficult decision. In any event I'm having to order since there apparently are no 57Ts in the US.

AJS914

by AJS914

I've had good luck with Elite cages. I buy the inexpensive plastic ones instead of the carbon ones.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Ok, today i had a good test on bike, and new position i got with rettul fitting.

I rode 194 km, 2300 meters climb.

https://www.strava.com/activities/676182510

Seem that i was lucky to find a exprerienced fitter, and that i done the test rides, and to pick based on that. Today i find out that C60 is so comfortable and in same time so good for climbing and acceleration, but in same time no harsh, making me fresh during all ride.
Im sure the new position helped a lot as well (i was able to ride hard and no any pain), so fitting definetly helped a lot as well, and that was good spend money. So my waiting to be done by the book was worth :)

AJS914

by AJS914

3Pio wrote:

Today i find out that C60 is so comfortable and in same time so good for climbing and acceleration, but in same time no harsh,

I feel the same about my C59. Colnago magic!

Willem

by Willem

I ride a C60 sloping and an old C40. The C40 is a lot softer on the pavement and feels a lot more comfortable. That is until I use it in a race, then the C40 feels really slow in comparison. Especially in a sprint, or trying to break away from the peleton. The C60 is the best Crit bike I have ever ridden, corners like no other.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Willem wrote:I ride a C60 sloping and an old C40. The C40 is a lot softer on the pavement and feels a lot more comfortable. That is until I use it in a race, then the C40 feels really slow in comparison. Especially in a sprint, or trying to break away from the peleton. The C60 is the best Crit bike I have ever ridden, corners like no other.

For me C60 is perfect balance of Stiffness where is needed (sprinting/climbing), and comfort where is needed (on last ride after 194km of riding i feel very fresh. Last 30 km, i was pushing above 30 km/h and in one not short part 37 km/h). Another reason i like this is that i can use my favourite tires combo (attack/force which come in 22mm in front and 24 mm in rear). This way seem that added frame weight i loose in tires weight which is more important weight. On other superstiff bikes u loose comfort, and in real life specialy on long distance it's a slower bike. At least my opionion :), does not mean that im 100% right

AJS914

by AJS914

Willem, brave man to ride your C60 in a crit!

3Pio

by 3Pio

Maybe i should open a new topic but let me ask first here.

I never have been good on downhill (even when i was racing MTB), and i prefer to climb then to go fast downhill.On last riding i was waiting for other on the top for 15-20 minutes, but on downhill they waited for me 15 minutes :)

So in this moment im riding Shamal Ultra wheelset, Attack/Force Contiental Tires and Vittoria Latex tubes. What i'll get in term of performance (specially climbing) and what i gonna loose if i upgrade to Campagnolo Bora Ultra 35 Tubular Wheelset?

Becouse im not that good downhill (on last ride on steep downhill 20 km long, i think i overheated even Shamal's), should i be worried that i'll destroy the Bora's from overheating?

Also the only complain i have in this moment is the stifness of the handlebar/stem im using. Very flexy. Im not sure which one is that much flexy (maybe both), but im thinking to upgrade the handlebar first becouse of this. Im using Zipp Service Course SL Handlebar (42cm, 80mm reach, 125mm drop), and Fizik Cyrano R1 110mm stem. Maybe becouse of this i dont feel bike very snap and precisly on downhills (maybe i just lack skills). So do u have any suggestion for handlebar and maybe stem upgrade from this?

Maybe if i get the handlebar with shorter reach (70 or 75mm), and in that case to go with longer stem (120mm) i'll get more stability on downhill?

Thanks

AJS914

by AJS914

If you are 15 minutes slower on a downhill than your friends because you are braking a lot then carbon rims may not be good for you.

Plus, your Shamals are awesome wheels. I see very little benefit going to Bora 35s.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Are your Shamal's the new Ultras, which aren't even on Campy's website still. I find that strange since a friend just got them, yet they aren't on the website. Still the "old" Shamal Ultras up there. The new ones are 17mm internal rim bed (clinchers), and 22.5mm outer width at the brake track.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

3Pio

by 3Pio

Calnago wrote:Are your Shamal's the new Ultras, which aren't even on Campy's website still. I find that strange since a friend just got them, yet they aren't on the website. Still the "old" Shamal Ultras up there. The new ones are 17mm internal rim bed (clinchers), and 22.5mm outer width at the brake track.

The old one (i bought them 10 Months ago), which are narrower then the latest version (17mm) version.I guess mine are 15 mm

mimason

by mimason

3Pio wrote:Maybe i should open a new topic but let me ask first here.

I never have been good on downhill (even when i was racing MTB), and i prefer to climb then to go fast downhill.On last riding i was waiting for other on the top for 15-20 minutes, but on downhill they waited for me 15 minutes :)

So in this moment im riding Shamal Ultra wheelset, Attack/Force Contiental Tires and Vittoria Latex tubes. What i'll get in term of performance (specially climbing) and what i gonna loose if i upgrade to Campagnolo Bora Ultra 35 Tubular Wheelset?

Becouse im not that good downhill (on last ride on steep downhill 20 km long, i think i overheated even Shamal's), should i be worried that i'll destroy the Bora's from overheating?

Also the only complain i have in this moment is the stifness of the handlebar/stem im using. Very flexy. Im not sure which one is that much flexy (maybe both), but im thinking to upgrade the handlebar first becouse of this. Im using Zipp Service Course SL Handlebar (42cm, 80mm reach, 125mm drop), and Fizik Cyrano R1 110mm stem. Maybe becouse of this i dont feel bike very snap and precisly on downhills (maybe i just lack skills). So do u have any suggestion for handlebar and maybe stem upgrade from this?

Maybe if i get the handlebar with shorter reach (70 or 75mm), and in that case to go with longer stem (120mm) i'll get more stability on downhill?

Thanks

- If you are waiting for them uphill and they wait for you downhill then just meet them at the finish. :) Maybe get some wider tubulars and read up on techniques on descending.
- I personally had to address a handlebar/stem combo that was not as firm as I wanted and ended up migrating to a Pro carbon bar and Pro aluminum stem and am very pleased with the results. Its a minor weight penalty for the feel I was looking for.

Based on what I've read I'd be keen on riding a C60 if I could dial in the contact points with stiff wheels and firm bar/stem combos. Sounds like a great riding bike but I've got an F8 dialed in perfectly to my taste.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com