Supersix Hi-mod - advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micro553

by micro553

Are in the market for a new light fast summer road bike.

Been set on a Colnago C60 but it get expensive and Heavy with discs.

So I been offered a good deal on a Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-mod Dura Ace 2 bike or same frame and build myself.

Have som questions:
I more like the Classic looks and the Grey color seems nice more Clean - but is it red or more orange in the other color? Anyone seen both colors IRL?

The black one is okej but alot of stickers and then it´s shiny color - I like more matte colors and have seen some Pictures of 2015 EVo HM in matte back. Are they the Balck inc ones then?

I really like tires with tan sidewalls - do you Think the grey one will look good with a set of Vittora Corsa´s - anyone have a Picture of that combo?

On the complete bike it´s DA mechanical. But if I go frame I would like Ultegra Di2 - witch one setup do you prefer?

I have Enve cockpit that I like to put on - Enve do make a 25,4 mm seatpost but only in 25 mm setback - right? I prefer 0 setback. First I will go stock Wheels or something like Pancenti SL23´s and then when I can afford I will go Enve Wheels aswell.

Picture of a nice one in black with tan tires for isperation http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/ ... t-858.html

Weight - 50 cm Supersix Evo Hm with DA and Pacenti SL23 wheelset and Enve Cockpit - what do u Think it will be? Will it be alot Heavy with Ultegra DI2?

Hope som Supersix HM people will answer :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheGoldenGreek

by TheGoldenGreek

Hi mate

I currenly ride a 54cm 2014 Supersix Evo Hi-Mod in the team livery equipped with DA9000, SISL2 cranks and all Enve everything else (3.4s clinchers, seatpost, cockpit) and although I haven't weighed it for a while last time I did it sat about 6.2kgs thereabouts. I can't speak of the weight of Ultegra Di2 but I'd presume it would add another 150-200g so I figure you can work it out from there.

Although I am currently in the market for a new bike (looking at getting a Bianchi Oltre XR2) I have thoroughly enjoyed my 2 plus years on the Evo. It's the ultimate "jack of all trades; master of none" frame. It's light enough to hit the steep mountains whilst being stiff enough to power through flatter road sections. It's vertically compliant as well meaning you'll have no difficult racking up the kms on it on larger rides without it leaving you sore or jarred. You won't be disappointed that's for sure.

What I will say for it and other's might disagree it never given me that "WOW" factor like other bikes I have ridden but as an all round package I'm hard pressed to ride a bike that offer such a light, stiff and comfortable package.

In terms of your Enve seatpost question I ride one with zero set back and I presume you could probably get one if you wanted.

Hope that helps.

citadelguard

by citadelguard

Be careful about which year you go for if you aren't sure about electronic vs mechanical, up to 2015 the SuperSix Evo's had either mechanical frames with molded-in cable guides or separate Di2 specific frames with internal routing and no cable guides. I believe for 2016 they are compatible with either. I have a 2014 with Ultegra Di2 and while I know there is a weight penalty, I am in love with the electronic group. If possible I would ride both setups before making a buying decision.
- 2014 Cannondale SuperSix EVO
- 1982 Team Fuji (Setup for gravel)
- 1995 Specialized Stumpjumper HT L (In pieces)

micro553

by micro553

Noted about the yearmodel - thanks. I will prob go for a 2016 bike/frame.

I can be wrong but the 2016 YM got a real update?

A Supersix HM 2016 with ultegra Di2 and DA pedals, Enve Cockpit and okej wheelset (to start with) will be under 7 kg - right?

I´m a bit interested in Campa Chous Regular or ESP - never ridden bit it seem good. and look good.

Someone have a opinion on Ultegra vs Chous in regular and ESP?

I already have the Rotor 3D´+ with TUNE chainrings and can´t decide if I will put it on the new bike or not.

If I go on a budget I Think this will be the best setup
Frame Grey SUperSIx HM
Ultegra Update kit
Ultegra brakes
Rotor Crank - I have
Cockpit - I have
Saddle - I have
Wheelset - Some okej hub with PAncenti SL23´s

Or go for the complete bike
SuperSix HM Dura Ace 2 - It has MAvic Kysyrium wheelset

On problem is that it´s harder for me to get discount on a frame vs complete bike.

ANYONE seen the grey color IRL? Are the offset color red or more like orange?

I´m still interested in the Colnago C60 aswell. But alot more Money......

In general I was all set on discbrakes in the beginning but now I´m not that sure. More weight more Money ........

Is it stupid of me not buying a premium bike with discbrakes 2016?

My plan is to really go asfar as my budget let me and buy a really good bike to keep for 3-4 years.

glepore

by glepore

No, it is not stupid to buy rimbrakes, not going away anytime soon. You may be better off buying a complete bike and selling off the parts.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

wingguy

by wingguy

If you're talking about the 2016 DA 1 colour (mostly red with black accents) then the red is properly red. Not a hint orange at all.

micro553

by micro553

wingguy wrote:If you're talking about the 2016 DA 1 colour (mostly red with black accents) then the red is properly red. Not a hint orange at all.

Thats a shame - l lite orange but not red.

And the back one have to many stickers and is shiny. I like more matte color. I have to see it IRL to make the call.

Peith

by Peith

I just got the DA2 in Primer Grey. The accent is a high vis-red that is a hint of orange...kind of like a blend of neon red, high vis orange, and Telekom magenta. I really like it!

DeLuz

by DeLuz

I have a standard EVO that started out as 105.
I paid $2K for the complete bike, stripped it down sold all the parts on Ebay and put Campy Chorus 11 speed and Pacenti SL23 with WI T11 hubs on it.
I have about $4K invested into it and love the bike so much I don't think about new bikes anymore.
I don't really care for the matte grey finish on the Hi-Mod and got tired of the matte grey Tarmac I had before it.
There is only a tiny weight difference between Hi-Mod and standard and I doubt you could notice a difference in the ride and you can use a 27.2 seatpost.
Mine looks like this:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com